Become a Chartered Engineer in a FTSE 100 company
We’re a fluid business. As the world of water moves forward, we’re moving with it, whether we’re introducing digital technology or tackling climate change. Our Engineers are at the forefront of that transformation. Together, we’re finding, building and implementing solutions to some of the world’s biggest challenges.
On our Graduate Programme, you’ll have an impact on thousands of people and businesses, transforming and shaping lives, both today and tomorrow. At the same time, you’ll pursue Chartered Engineer status in your relevant institution, by building up a portfolio of varied and inventive projects, and learning in-depth about your specialism of choice.
We’re investing in new systems and programmes of work, and upgrading our sites and assets - you’ll be the driving force behind those initiatives.
- Work on a wide range of projects, from asset design to strategic planning
- Experience a variety of on-site environments
- Be trusted to deliver large-scale projects early-on
- Professional development to work towards Chartered Engineer status
- Receive extensive training, from Design and Construction to Management Regulations
- Gain the combination of hard and soft skills you need to become a Technical Leader
What you’ll be doing
At Severn Trent, you can take engineering in the direction you want, whether that’s tackling a secondment that develops your asset design skills or getting more exposure to our Business Leadership projects. You’ll also have the chance to work on major projects with our Senior Engineers. Here are examples of work our graduates have recently been involved in:
- Flood alleviation and mitigation
- Managing the safety of dams and reservoirs
- Using telemetry to create early warning systems
- Designing new interfaces for our treatment works
- Solving pollution problems and implementing solutions on-site
- Running a number of operational sites simultaneously
- Preserve our legacy and create your own by building something new
These projects will allow you develop the technical expertise, experience and abilities you need to pursue Chartered Engineer status, as part of a clear progression path towards becoming a future leader of our organisation.
At Severn Trent, we’re bringing a safe, sustainable water supply to millions of people, across the UK. What we do really matters: the services we provide, the infrastructure we build and the initiatives we champion will have an impact on communities and the environment, both now and for generations to come.
- A customer focus with the determination to make a difference
- Initiative and confidence to share new solutions to complex problems
- Excellent judgement when making strategic decisions
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Flexibility to travel between locations
Qualifications and experience requirements
- An accredited electrical engineering degree with any grade qualification.
Accepted degree subjects
engineering, electronic and electrical
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 20
Closing date: 31/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2016