Working as a key member of a small team of construction professionals, the Graduate Development Manager/Estates Planner will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery and management of development and investment projects for Sewell.
The primary focus is to assist with the delivery of development and investment opportunities from concept stage through to financial close. The role includes a customer facing element to ensure client satisfaction and to support in the generation of new business opportunities.
- Reporting directly to the Department Director, support all aspects of project delivery as required
- Support the design and pre-construction development of a range of capital and revenue projects from conception through briefing and design development, customer engagement, communications, planning, legal, funding and management of property matters, to handover to the construction divisional team
- Work with others, to understand and support strategic estates planning and advice for customers including assistance with drafting reports
- Helping to set clear programmes and assist in managing delivery in line with programme, budget and quality expectations
- Understanding and managing risk throughout to protect and minimise exposure to Sewell and its clients
- Helping to provide leadership and direction to consultants, designers and subcontractor teams as required
- Working with others, establishing a clear approach with the supply chain to ensure productive team working, efficient pricing and that quality expectations are met with value for money at front of mind
- Working with others and alongside clients and consultants throughout the design and development stages of projects, providing advice and guidance when required on elements such as funding, legal, planning and procurement
- Carry out development appraisals to assess potential opportunities and develop business cases accordingly for Sewell and its clients
- Support the team in the production of board reports and performance reports against the divisional business plan KPI's
- Attendance at design team meetings and any other relevant meetings to support the delivery of projects as part of the business plan
- Promote and present a professional personal and company brand in all dealings
- Develop and nurture successful and rewarding relationships with colleagues and the supply chain
- Listen and understand the client's needs and develop new client relationships
- Ensure a working environment exists where complete client satisfaction is at the forefront of every team member's mind
- Support the director and wider team to deliver the divisional business plan
- Support and work within our ISO 9001:2008 quality management system and operational policies
- Support the business in the pursuit of new opportunities and demonstrate commercial acumen for the interests of all stakeholders
Established in 1876, we deliver a host of construction projects, primarily across the Yorkshire region. Ranging from small scale extensions and refurbishments, to the design and build of new developments and strategic estates partnerships, we work in respectful partnership with our clients, supply chain and communities, with whole life costing and total quality always at front of mind.
Recognised as being a Sunday Times Best Company to Work For business, we continually strive to be a great place to work so that we can be a great company to deal. Committed to our region, we aim to leave a legacy through economic, social and community impact.
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.
As well as exhibiting the Sewell behaviours of being positive, professional, team and customer focused individual that does the right thing, the suitable person will have the following:
- A full, valid UK driving licence and own transport
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks accordingly, meet set deadlines and work with multiple ongoing tasks
- The ability to work as a team member in a busy working environment, but also the ability to work unsupervised at times
- The ability to learn and work with new technology and software
- Good decision making skills
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Have effective and efficient time management skills
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality
- Have good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Be able to implement new and improved ways of working
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Hold or be in the final stages of studying a formal degree qualification linked to one of the following study areas; built environment, economics, business or real estate
- Previous working experience in an estates or property related role
Accepted degree subjects
economics · planning and surveying · business and management studies · civil engineering and construction
£19,000 - £24,000
Bonus opportunity (relocation package available if applicable)
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
A full up-to-date CV is required in either word or pdf format to apply online.
Closing date: 31/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 21/12/2016