Working as a key member of a small but growing team, the Graduate Development Manager will be responsible for supporting the successful delivery and management of development and investment projects for Shared Agenda and its clients. The primary focus is to assist with the delivery of development and investment opportunities from concept stage through to financial close. The role includes a customer facing element to ensure client satisfaction and to support in the generation of new business opportunities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following main duties:
- Support all aspects of project delivery as required to meet the needs of the business
- Work with the team and alongside clients to support delivery of a range of capital and revenue projects from conception through; briefing and design development, customer engagement, communications, planning, legal, funding and the management of property matters, to handover to the construction divisional team
- Work with others to understand, support and provide strategic estates planning and advice for customers, including assistance with drafting reports
- Helping to set clear programmes of work, and assist in managing delivery in line with programme, budget and quality expectations
- Understand and manage risk to protect and minimise exposure to the company and its clients
- Help to provide leadership and direction to consultants, contractors and subcontractor teams
- Working with the wider team to establish a clear approach with the supply chain, ensuring productive team working, efficient pricing and quality expectations are met
- Carry out development appraisals to assess potential opportunities and create business cases accordingly for the company and its clients
- Support the production of board reports and performance reports against the Estate Development divisional business plan KPIs
- Attend design team meetings and any other relevant meetings to meet the needs of the business
- Promote and present a professional personal and company brand in all dealings
- Develop and nurture successful and rewarding relationships with colleagues and the supply chain
- Listen and understand the client's needs
- Ensure a working environment exists with a vision of complete client satisfaction
Support the Development Manager and wider team and deliver the divisional business plan.
Established in 1876, we deliver a host of construction projects, primarily across the Yorkshire region. Ranging from small scale extensions and refurbishments, to the design and build of new developments and strategic estates partnerships, we work in respectful partnership with our clients, supply chain and communities, with whole life costing and total quality always at front of mind.
Recognised as being a Sunday Times Best Company to Work For business, we continually strive to be a great place to work so that we can be a great company to deal. Committed to our region, we aim to leave a legacy through economic, social and community impact.
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.
Shared Agenda is a small and successfully managed independent business which uses outsourced Human Resource and recruitment services. Sewell Group provide this outsourced service, and as a result, should you progress further with your application, your will be transferred over to a Sewell branded recruitment portal. See more information.
Shared Agenda Solutions Ltd provides strategic property advice and estates solutions, as well as operational estate management and investment and development services, to a wide range of customers nationally. We are also contracted to provide management services to Hull Citycare Ltd, to manage and develop their £100m health and social care portfolio. Shared Agenda is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.
As well as exhibiting a polite and approachable attitude, plenty of energy, initiative, professionalism, commitment and a strong team ethos, the suitable person will have the following:
- Hold or be in the final stages of studying a formal degree qualification
- A full, valid UK driving licence and own transport
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise tasks accordingly, meet set deadlines and work with multiple ongoing tasks
- The ability to work as a team member in a busy working environment, but also the ability to work unsupervised at times
- The ability to learn and work with new technology and software
- Good decision making skills
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office packages, in particular Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Have effective and efficient time management skills
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality
- Have good attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- Be able to implement new and improved ways of working
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Hold or be in the final stages of studying a formal degree qualification linked to one of the following study areas; built environment, geography, economics or business
- Previous working experience in an estates or property related role
Accepted degree subjects
economics · planning and surveying · business and management studies · civil engineering and construction
£19,000 - £24,000
Bonus opportunity (relocation package available if applicable)
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
A full up-to-date CV is required in either word or pdf format to apply online.
Closing date: 31/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 20/12/2016