- Pre-contract project development stage of construction builds, including; costing, subcontract enquiries, take offs and builders quantities, measuring cost risks and supporting the design and develop process
- Monitoring process of overall contract performance, including; reviewing budgets and cost models, reviewing and preparing subcontract enquiries, subcontract and supply orders, subcontractor performance measurement and aiding the preparation of monthly cost reports
- Development and implementation of the business infrastructure and systems, including; utilising and monitoring systems and procedures, effective communications, maximising the efficiency of cost reporting and supporting the wider commercial team to develop and improve financial controls
- Relationship development, including; offering support and advice to the wider commercial and construction teams, recognising outstanding performance, promoting the Sewell behaviours and effective team work, and developing client and supply chain relationships, monitoring performance and meeting customer needs whilst doing the right thing for the business and project
Established in 1876, we deliver a host of construction projects, primarily across the Yorkshire region. Ranging from small scale extensions and refurbishments, to the design and build of new developments and strategic estates partnerships, we work in respectful partnership with our clients, supply chain and communities, with whole life costing and total quality always at front of mind.
Recognised as being a ‘Sunday Times Best Company to Work For’ business, we continually strive to be a great place to work so that we can be a great company to deal. Committed to our region, we aim to leave a legacy through economic, social and community impact.
Sewell is an equal opportunities employer, recruiting within the guidelines of the Equality Act 2010. We are committed to the promotion of diversity and equal opportunity, as an employer and in the delivery of our products and services. As a committed safe employer, an enhanced DBS (criminal record) check will be carried out for the successful candidate of this role.
As well as exhibiting the Sewell Group behaviours of being a positive, professional and customer focused team player, that does the right thing, the suitable person will have the following:
- Valid UK driving licence and own transport
- Excellent levels of computer literacy and be fluent in Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel
- Strong commercial and negotiation skills
- A customer and solutions focused mind set
- A positive and professional attitude
- Excellent organisational and communication skills
- The ability to work as a team member in a busy working environment and under own direction
- A flexible working attitude and a positive approach to learning and development
- Willingness to support other areas of the business including bid, project management and administration during peak periods
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Hold or be in the final stages of studying a formal degree qualification in quantity surveying.
Accepted degree subjects
mathematics · planning and surveying · civil engineering and construction
£19,000 - £24,000
Salary dependent upon experience, plus bonus opportunity (Plus relocation package)
Hull · Leeds
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
A full up-to-date CV is required in either word or pdf format to apply online via the apply button.
Closing date: 31/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 20/12/2016