We are an established provider of market-leading outsourced solutions for insurers, corporate fleets, brokers, vehicle manufacturers and third party claims administrators.
The IT (Information Technology) department consists of two sections, infrastructure and development. The Development team create, design, process, maintain, improve, test, operate, monitor, deploy and manage the software that the business requires.As a trainee Proclaim developer you will be sent on external professional courses to train you in the skillset required to succeed. With a talented team around, you’ll be encouraged to develop your skills and contribute to a team which is vital to the success of the business. You'll need to be a team player who isn't afraid to take on a challenge and fix problems in a fast paced, technological focused company which is growing and will give you the opportunity to grow with it.
The primary role will be for a trainee developer to join our BAU (Business as Usual) section of the development team to develop within our CRM (Customer Relationship Management) software Proclaim.
The role will be responsible for supporting the development team in the design, development and day to day administration of the software.
This will require you to review, manage and progress tickets through our service desk system. The role will be a great opportunity to learn, grow and work with experienced developers and a technological forward thinking company who will encourage the development of your creative ideas as well as supporting you to learn a new skill and area.
- Reviewing current systems and presenting ideas for system improvements.
- Working closely with all levels of the business to communicate.
- Providing support to development related issues.
- Liaising with third party companies for providing integration between software to enhance the business processes.
- Setting up and maintaining user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Testing any developments in a controlled, UAT (User Acceptance Testing) environment before releasing live.
- Ensuring a high level of security and privacy by design process is used for designing any software developments.
- Providing documentation for technical specifications, release notes for the business, training manuals and maintaining the IT knowledge base with new or updated information.
- Constantly seek to identify and recommend ways to improve the system, service and performance of the Case Management System, whilst keeping up to date with technology changes.
- Ensuring any IT queries/issues are recorded and escalated to the IT Manager at an appropriate time.
- To liaise with the other operational teams, the supply chain and the finance team to deal with issues arising.
- To deliver to the team targets and KPI’s
- Committed to excellent customer service in whatever is delivered
- To identify possible improvements or efficiencies in the way we work
- To adhere to the values and behaviours of the company
- To follow the company policies and procedures.
What we are looking for
- Good understanding of business processes.
- Experience and knowledge of the use of Proclaim.
- Passion and keen interest in computers, systems and development
- Professional attitude
- Ingenuity and creativity.
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Analytical capabilities
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex information to a non-technological audience.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to work with different levels of staff across the business.
- An ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a dynamic and flexible approach, as well as the ability to work under pressure
- Ability to manage/prioritise multiple tasks/projects.
- Knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 operating systems.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2013 / 2016.
- Willingness to undertake further studies including an element in own time.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- £20,000 - £22,000
Holidays, pension, bike to work scheme, life assurance, employee assistance programme, wellbeing programmes,
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 October 2021