Growing energy needs are the world’s biggest challenge. To solve this in ways that are economically, environmentally and socially responsible we need remarkable problem solvers, keen to make their impact. Engineers and scientists able to collaborate, push boundaries, think creatively and commercially.
Do you have a passion to bring to life projects that will impact on the future of energy? As one of the most innovative companies in the world, we offer the chance to join our technical teams taking this journey of discovery, pushing boundaries and exploring frontiers as we go.
Designed to give you a world-class overview of commercial business, your first year of the Programme will come with a range of responsibilities, with all the support to explore new ways of thinking and working. Specific duties might include:
- Maintaining a deal funnel of start-up company investment opportunities.
- Performing market and start-up company competitive analyses.
- Supporting due diligence for equity investments in start-up companies.
- Assisting in financial modelling of start-up company business plans.
This role is the first of two Graduate Programme placements. Your second could be within New Energies, or other fast-growing Shell businesses.
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners.
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry.
- Working for a globally recognised brand tackling globally significant challenges.
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance.
- A competitive starting salary and opportunity for rapid progression.
Start date: Roles commence throughout the year and start dates can be discussed with the recruiter.
- Comprehensive financial package and on-site facilities
What we are looking for
We’ll be looking for as many of the following attributes as possible:
- Your passion for sustainability, innovation and the energy industry.
- You are curious, resourceful and have an instinct for spotting market trends quickly.
- Strong analytic capacity and ability to define conclusions relevant for an investment decision.
- You’re a self-starter, with a strong entrepreneurial, ‘can-do’ attitude.
- Good interpersonal skills, which mean you’ll work well with a diverse group of people.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Apply online. Early application is strongly recommended as Shell recruits on a rolling basis.
The application process for our Graduate Programme is rigorous but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and our on demand interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This virtual assessment consists of two parts: a case study for which you will be asked to prepare a presentation (the case study will be shared with you in advance); and an interview, where you will have the chance to get to know us, and we can get to know you. To make the interview process more convenient and comfortable, we are leveraging the latest digital technology to bring the experience to you, wherever you may be.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20 December 2019