Do you have the passion and conviction to bring finance projects to life? In 2013 we generated earnings of $19 billion, invested $1.2 billion in R & D and paid $14.3 billion in corporate taxes. The scale of our operations requires the highest standard of financial professionalism as we seek to maximize the return for all the people who have an investment in Shell: staff, shareholders, governments and communities.
Your Graduate Programme in Finance
As a graduate in one of Shell’s finance teams you will help drive profit and shape new financial processes to ensure our continued success. Working closely with teams from across the business, you’ll experience the end-to-end value chain from financial planning, mergers and acquisitions to treasury and sales promotions.
On the Shell Graduate Programme you’ll collaborate with world-leading finance professionals. You will embark on a three-year training programme that includes two job rotations, each lasting 18 months. You’ll benefit from unrivalled expertise designed to nurture future company frontrunners. One of your rotations could be overseas in our Shell Business Operations in Krakow in Poland or Chennai in India. You could managing bulk transaction processes or overseeing a finance operations. Over the course of the programme you will gain experience working on real finance projects that maximise value and influence the overall delivery of our global financial performance.
You can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks, including Energie (a UK network for recent graduates), provide a wide range of social events and access to colleagues from across the business at all levels.
During your rotations you are likely to be given a variety of responsibilities such as financial modelling, providing input to commercial decisions or risk management and internal control. Typical roles undertaken on rotation include:
- Finance Analyst
- Finance Controller
- Credit Analyst
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- Opportunity for rapid progression
- Comprehensive financial package and on site facilities
- Opportunities to work in our Shell Business Operations based in Poland or India
- Supported CIMA or ACCA qualification
Roles commence throughout the year and start dates can be negotiated.
What we are looking for
You should be willing to be relocated in either Aberdeen or London for the initial role and relocated elsewhere in the UK or abroad for future rotations. Future rotations may be based in our Shell Business Operations such as Krakow in Poland or Chennai in India.
- You should have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree and will graduate in summer 2019 or have graduated already.
- The Finance graduate programme particularly suits graduates with finance, business or engineering related study, or those with a degree that has finance exposure.
- You may have professional experience in commercial environment or may have obtained a Chartered Management Accountant qualification already.
Accepted degree subjects
- accounting and finance
How to apply
The application process for our graduate programmes is rigorous, but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and the self recorded video interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This stage includes a live virtual case study session with two Shell employees who will host the discussion. You will be assigned a topic relating to an aspect of your case, and then asked to prepare a presentation.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
Early application is strongly recommended as Shell recruits on a rolling basis.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 29/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 21/12/2018
Additional job details
|Location||Aberdeen · London|