Do you have the passion, the creativity and the drive to bring information management projects to life? Do you understand how to translate business needs into specific IT solutions? With operations across 70 counties, we’re investing more than $4bn in technology to deliver innovative solutions that stimulate business growth, streamline performance and increase efficiency.
On our Graduate Programme you’ll join friendly and supportive teams where you will collaborate with world-leading technology and systems professionals. Your curiosity and problem-solving skills will be applied to roles such as Business Analyst, Project Manager, IT Architect, Data Manager or Application Delivery Analyst. Join us to create something remarkable together.
You will embark on a three-year training programme that includes two 18-month job rotations. You’ll benefit from being given real responsibility within a team that is a part of one of the largest in-house technology functions in the world. You’ll work alongside suppliers such as Microsoft, SAP and IBM.
With hands-on experience on groundbreaking projects and guidance from some of the leading experts in business technology management you will develop your leadership qualities and become an accomplished Shell professional, while keeping your creative flair alive.
You can expect to receive world-class coaching, invaluable mentoring, formal structured training and regular in-depth progress checks to ensure you’re on track to reaching your potential. Staff networks, including Energie (a UK network for recent graduates), provide a wide range of social events and access to colleagues from across the business at all levels.
Working on rotation will provide you with an on-the-job insight various functions. Your responsibilities could include implementing global projects, providing IT consultancy and technical development, developing proposals and performing business analyses. Typical starting roles include:
- Business Analyst
- Data Manager
- IT Architect
- Project Manager
- Service Delivery Manager
Your rewards and benefits include:
- The opportunity to work on global projects with external partners
- A structured development programme, highly valued across the industry
- Working for a globally recognized brand tackling globally significant challenges
- Excellent flexibility and work-life balance
- Comprehensive financial rewards, benefits and on-site facilities
- Formal learning modules include Business Analysis, Business Process Improvement and Risk Management
What we are looking for
- You do not need to have any technical experience but an interest in technology and entrepreneurial activities are desirable
- The initial rotation on the programme will be based in London
Our current vacancies suit graduates with business, computer science, computer engineering or programming related studies.
You should have a minimum of a bachelors degree and will graduate in summer 2019 or have graduated already.
Accepted degree subjects
- business and management studies
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Early application is strongly recommended as Shell recruits on a rolling basis.
The application process for our Graduate Programme is rigorous but is designed to enable the most talented graduates to stand out. After submitting an online application, you will be invited to complete our online assessments and our on-demand interview. Successful candidates will be invited to final stage of the selection process in a virtual assessment. This virtual assessment consists of two parts: a case study for which you will be asked to prepare a presentation (the case study will be shared with you in advance); and an interview, where you will have the chance to get to know us, and we can get to know you. To make the interview process more convenient and comfortable, we are leveraging the latest digital technology to bring the experience to you, wherever you may be.
Through this process we will be assessing candidates’:
- Capacity – the intellectual ability to analyse and apply unfamiliar information to complex situations;
- Achievement – the ability to identify and manage resources in order to deliver results;
- Relationship-building – the ability to work within, and lead, diverse teams
Find out more and ensure your future is remarkable.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 20 December 2019