Are you a recent graduate or current final year student eager to advance your career with a brand that spans across 125 countries?
Have you already celebrated, or are you about to celebrate obtaining a 2:1 degree in business, management or social sciences? Although advantageous, don’t worry if not, we also take experience and desire to work with cars into account.
Ideally you will have previous work experience within sales or customer service, alongside the theory that a degree will teach with regards to managing a business and people.
Do you want to be the leader of your own business, managing a profit and loss account, developing a team of people, and driving forward the future of the Sixt brand?
If that sounds like an excerpt from your log book, then we want to hear from you.
A seat in the fast lane…
At Sixt UK we are on a mission to expand our brand and business. We are doing this by maximising our premium fleet, building our business through corporate and local sales, and most of all by developing our colleagues to deliver world class service that drives repeat custom. We strive for perfection, and we know this is what stands us out from the crowd.
We are passionate about our management trainee scheme and growing and developing talent in our organisation, so we open this scheme to both internal and external applicants. We know this ensures our external applicants have peer support and in turn they can bring new ideas, innovation and creativity that has been developed through placements, or other relevant work experience.
The scheme covers a number of rotations and is very fast paced, with no two days the same, including where you are based. We expect candidates to be able to relocate regularly to maximise the schemes potential, and their own development opportunities, and in return will provide financial support to make this possible.
Within the scheme you will also be privy to exclusive trainings in both car rental skills – such as yield management, local sales and quality – and also softer skills such as leadership development.
The scheme has rotations which could include:
- A period in our UK Headquarters in Langley (situated 20 miles from London). Roles here include damage, quality, recruitment, people management and sales
- A period in branch training as a Rental Sales Agent (our entry level sales role, designed to give you an understanding of the role, business and building your network)
- A period in both an airport branch and a downtown branch acting in a supervisory role. With the support from a Branch Manager, Junior Branch Manager or Area manager this is your time to shine and create your own career pathway through succeeding in running your own branch
- A period working with the area manager on projects. As a growing organisation there may be scope to work with our facilities team and the area managers on developing new branches. A true example of how Sixt really is a company for budding entrepreneurs
How long will it take
This programme can last anywhere from nine months to 24 months and will be solely dictated by your output. There will be three milestone assessments and several projects to complete throughout the programme before you can graduate into being a Junior Branch Manager. However if you’re a quick learner who thrives in a fast-paced and performance-based in environment, you could be running your very own branch within a year.
Our extra features
As well as a competitive graduate salary we offer:
- 22 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Support towards relevant post graduate qualifications if required for the role
- Relocation packages, including support with rent and removals
- Company car from our fleet
- Bonus opportunities
- Free phone insurance
- High Street discounts via Perkbox our employee benefit provider
- Childcare vouchers
What we are looking for
We are looking for someone who has a commercial business understanding, along with the ability to thrive under pressure and achieve targets. This programme relies largely on self-driven learning so a proactive mind-set, with a high degree of ingenuity would be a necessity.
Please note that you need to hold a full UK driving licence and currently have the right to work in the UK. It is also really important to note that this scheme will require you to be fully flexible to work anywhere in the UK as we think it is essential that you work in different areas and types of locations around the country.
Accepted degree subjects
- social sciences
- business and management studies
How to apply
If you think you have got what it takes to join us on our next Operational intake, then apply via the Apply button. Be sure to tell us a little about yourself in your email.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/05/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||East of England, London, North East England, North West England, Northern Ireland, Scotland, South East England, South West England, Wales, West Midlands, Yorkshire and the Humber|