As a Graduate Design Co-ordinator, you will join our London based team where we deliver buildings that improve communities and enhance lives across the UK. The Building team’s award-winning public-sector projects include Bath Spa University, the Royal London Hospital and Bristol schools. In the private sector, our focus is on commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our expertise in London has created a portfolio that includes some of the capital’s iconic buildings, such as The Gherkin and Heron Tower.
Based within our building design management team, you will undertake design reviews of using a variety of digital technologies – including building information modeling (BIM) and common data environments (CDE). If successful, you would start in our tender / pre-construction team and oversee that design is followed through as we move into construction phase.
We hire designers who are responsible for creating design and you will be the link between design plan and the construction team.
We are keen to replace the traditional pen and paper approach with digital solutions to create efficiencies. As such, this Graduate role has been created for someone with construction management background and an enormous ambition, talent or aptitude to help us digitalise our business. This could be through more efficient management of data and information such as working with Office 365, BIM, document trackers and other digital tools. You will most likely work with applications such as Sketch Up, Revit or Power-Bi.
What we are looking for
- Keen interest in digital technologies and the management of data associated with the design of building projects
- Keen interest in innovation and creating efficiencies
- A keen interest in the use of current and emerging digital design technologies to drive business change and improvement
- Keen interest in the management of design and tracking progress
- We are looking for people with logical thinking and curious minds about how things are put together and how we can improve current ways of working.
- Must be able to find solutions and communicate concepts to others in an easy to follow manner
Studying to degree level or having completed a degree in a construction related subject that is accredited by the RIBA, ICE or CIOB.
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
company car, London travel allowance, volunteering day, 28 days holiday
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 December 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 December 2019