Our intern programme will help you to find out more about your chosen profession, whilst still studying at university. We will support you to gain experience through an engaging and insightful eight-week placement.
As an Intern Building Services Engineer, you will be given the opportunity to join us for the summer, on an eight-week placement.
What you’ll do
- Complete various tasks in order to support the project team
- Respond to technical queries with reference to the appropriate parties and review designs to ensure that they are safe
- Help to ensure that temporary works are installed in accordance with the design and that the works are completed in compliance with inspection and test plans and method statements
- Input and comment upon project construction issues where appropriate
- Complete material and supply chain procurement as part of the package management process
What we offer
- Future sponsorship opportunities and to be a part of our graduate programme, subject to completing a successful internship and demonstrating your commitment to our values
- Hands-on experience supporting your studies
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Programme starting: July 2018.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Studying to degree level, completing a MEng, MSc or BEng in an accredited Building Services Engineer degree.
- No previous experience in construction is required but you will want to help us shape the future and build for a better society
- You’ll be flexible with your location as our roles can be located anywhere across the UK
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017