Our trainee programme is a great opportunity to gain further qualifications at university or college, with on-the-job training giving you the chance to earn while you learn.
As a Trainee Quantity Surveyor you’ll work within the projects commercial team. In which the team procure trade contract packages which include completing tender analysis and the preparation of tender and contract documents.
What you’ll do
Complete various tasks in order to support the project team
- Spend time on the site measuring and quantifying works for the cost plan validation and completing interim and final account valuations
- Build relationships with a wide range of people including trade contractors and client representatives
- Complete site measurement and records, day work sheets, labour and plant returns
What we offer
- Support towards achieving a degree apprenticeship through day release, studying at the university college of estate management
- The opportunity to volunteer as part of the Duke of Edinburgh award
- A structured career path support, helping you realise your potential
A career with us means you’ll have the freedom to develop your skills and leave your mark on the communities in which we work. Our competitive benefits package will help to enhance your life outside work, too.
Programme start date: September 2018.
We thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
- You will require a minimum of 96 UCAS points from at least two A-levels (two D’s including a relevant subject), or a BTEC level three extended diploma or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject
- Or if you have only completed GCSE’s, then you will require four GCSE’s (Grades A* - C) including maths and English, or a BTEC level two diploma, to allow us to enrol you onto a level three diploma in surveying before your you start your higher apprenticeship
- You’ll be flexible with your location as our roles can be located anywhere across the UK
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
Closing date: 01/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/01/2018