We are looking for a talented Andriod developer to join our development team. The position is based in our open plan office in Longridge, near Preston with the option to work out of our second office in Liverpool city centre after a successful probation period.
Working closely alongside our Andriod developer, and the others in the App team, you will work on both our customer facing and promoter apps.
Your time will be split between supporting the existing functionality on the apps and working on new features. We work in an agile workflow so you will be part of the entire lifecycle - from discussing ideas and ways to best approach new features, to participating in the design and MVP creation of features ready for testing. Once pushed live, take user feedback to further iterate on the features to improve further.
- Company macbook
- Work in a brand new custom built office, 10 minute drive from Preston/M6
- Friendly, laid back atmosphere
- Free parking
- Free training
- Optional pension scheme
- Staff days / meals out
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
What we are looking for
You will understand agile workflow and are able to drive a project from concept to completion. We are looking for someone who is passionate and love what they do, and looks to continually improve their skills.
You will have a gained a relative computing degree and be able to demonstrate an up to date portfolio of work, side projects are advantageous.
- Two plus years commercial experience in native Android mobile app development with demonstrable apps released on the Google Play Store.
- Knowledge of Java, the Android SDK, JUnit and both Android Studio &
- Eclipse IDEs
- Firm understanding of Android development concepts
- Knowledge of Git/SVN and working in teams to deliver software
- Experience consuming and designing RESTful web services
- Experience working within an Agile Environment
- Experience of using Kotlin
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Additional location information||Longridge|
£19,000 - £25,000