We are looking for a talented PHP developer to join our development team. The position is based in our open plan office in Longridge, near Preston with the option to work out of our second office in Liverpool city centre after a successful probation period.
Working with the rest of the web development team, you will work on both our customer facing and promoter websites.
Your time will be split between supporting existing functionality on the websites and working on new features. We work in an agile workflow so
you will be part of the entire lifecycle - from discussing ideas and ways to best approach new features, to participating in the design and MVP
creation of features ready for testing. Once pushed live, take user feedback to further iterate on the features to improve further.
We are currently moving our codebase to an API based microservice architecture so opportunities to learn new languages/services on the AWS platform.
- Company macbook
- Work in a brand new custom built office, 10 minute drive from Preston/M6
- Friendly, laid back atmosphere
- Free parking
- Free training
- Optional pension scheme
- Staff days / meals out
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
What we are looking for
You will understand agile workflow and are able to drive a project from concept to completion. We are looking for someone who is passionate and love what they do, and looks to continually improve their skills.
You will have a gained a relative computing degree and be able to demonstrate an up to date portfolio of work, side projects are advantageous.
- At least two years commercial PHP experience
- Ability to work with legacy code
- Comfortable with Object Oriented design
- Web services / RESTful api
- Integrating with third Party Software
- Importance of security
- Experience with version control (SVN / GIT)
- Be able to discuss technical solutions with team members and other stakeholders and provide innovative new ideas to solutions.
Would like to have:
- Working with AWS
- Experience with ElasticSearch
- Good understanding of user experience best practice
- Maintain a high awareness of industry issues and trends, particularly in regard to accessibility, usability, and emerging technologies, and keep team members informed as appropriate
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Additional location information||Longridge|
£19,000 - £22,000