IT systems play a pivotal role in Softcat's success. As our business grows and evolves it is essential we have a set of reliable, scalable yet flexible systems that can drive us forward. The Business Systems Team are responsible for the design, delivery and management of these key business applications. In support we work in conjunction with an ever-increasing number of Vendors, Partners and Softcat Stakeholders.
As CRM Analyst you will work in our Systems Development Team taking responsibility for the ongoing development Softcat’s primary sales platform.
Initially supported by our incumbent CRM Analyst you will first focus on developing a good understanding of Softcat’s current use cases whilst building your product knowledge. Following this you will quickly move to become the primary interface to both business stakeholders and our development partners as you drive Softcat’s ongoing use of the platform.
What you’ll be doing:
- Running user and stakeholder workshops
- Documenting requirements / user stories
- Working with our CRM partners and our IT PMO team to determine time and cost impact of each story
- Owning the CRM user story backlog - assessing business benefit and prioritising (challenging as needed)
- Working with vendors and partners to understand the capabilities of the CRM platform – by doing so identifying opportunities for platform development
- Regularly engaging with existing user base to understand pain points / identify any processes that could benefit from CRM development
- Playing an active part in QA / Testing of new developments and co-ordinating user acceptance testing activity
- Ensuring that any documentation and training materials are in produced in support of releasing new features
- Working closely with the Systems Operations Team to ensure that all new features meet the needs of the support team
What we are looking for
- Self-motivation and a passion for technology
- An analytical process driven mindset – able to understand complex business workflows
- Strong communication skills – both verbal and written
- Influencing skills
- Some demonstrable exposure to end user applications such as a CRM, finance or service management system
- Technical degree or similar
- Some experience of requirements elicitation / gathering
- Some exposure to database principles and / or working with data
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
Plus excellent benefits
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20 May 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment