We love recruiting graduates at Softcat; people with ambition, energy and an eagerness to learn. If you’re looking for responsibility, rewards and a clear progression path, then Softcat is a brilliant place to begin your career. Inside three years, you could be earning £60k annually. Our top performers make six figures - and there are other great incentives too.
Technology sales may not be a career you’ve considered before. But when you see the set-up and potential at Softcat, we think you’ll be keen to come on board - especially as you don’t need a tech background to join us.
Success. The Softcat way.
If you have the ambition and motivation – and you’re keen to learn about new technologies – the Softcat culture here will bring out the best in you. You’re encouraged to take responsibility for driving your own career progression. Ultimately the more you put in, the more you’ll get out; great performance is always recognised and rewarded. We call it success, the Softcat way.
As a Sales Executive you’ll be targeted on securing new business with organisations across Ireland, selling IT solutions on behalf of our partners (Microsoft, HPE, Cisco, Dell to name a few). The role is a balancing act, ensuring you provide top class customer service as well as achieving your financial objectives. As you become established in the role you’ll inevitably spend less time on building new business and instead focus on really enhancing those existing relationships you’ve built, selling more products into less clients. It truly feels like running your own business, where you get to control how much you earn and how you want to develop.
We’re looking for Sales Execs to work in both the below teams:
- Corporate (e.g. small-medium business and enterprise)
- Sales Specialist (where you’ll focus on selling specific areas of technology; e.g. Datacentre, Workplace, Network and Security)
- Reporting to: Team Leader/Deputy Team Leader
The benefits include uncapped commission potential and fantastic incentives too (including trips all over the world), pension scheme, 22 days’ holiday (rising to 25 after a qualifying period) and a day off for your birthday, and heath and dental care (after a qualifying period).
Softcat is an inclusive company where you can enjoy the career you want, without changing the person you are. We’re welcoming to all and passionate about promoting greater diversity in the tech sector.
What we are looking for
- Previous sales or customer facing experience would be an advantage but not essential
- Interested to hear from graduates looking for a role in sales
- Passionate, fun and have the entrepreneurial flare to build your own client base from scratch
- Self starter, quick learner and highly organised
- Keen to learn about new and emerging technologies
- Clear and persuasive communicator
- Ability to build rapport with potential new clients as well as strong relationships internally
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
Average earning potential (inclusive of basic salary plus commission): Year one - €28,000 - €36,000|Year two - €45,000|Year three - €68,000 (and upwards)
How to apply
To become part the success story, press the apply button now.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27 May 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment