Would the opportunity to work in an entrepreneurial and collaborative sales environment interest you? Would you like to build a successful career through providing innovative technology solutions to our customers?
Join our Sales team
If you’re looking to make the most of your ambition and personality, then a sales career at Softcat could be perfect for you. Our team is over 500 people strong across our UK and Ireland offices and we continue to grow, embracing new international markets and opportunities. As a Sales Executive, you’ll be a big part of our plans for the future.
Softcat sales opportunities come with big earnings potential (£60k average OTE by year 3) and a structured progression path. Plus, you don’t need specific qualifications or experience to join us! We can help you reach your goals if you bring us the ambition to succeed.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softat is a billion-pound technology company that feels like one family. We're big on culture, big on teamwork and big on rewards. Through collaboration and understanding, we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Welcome to a business where personal achievement and team success go hand-in-hand.
Partner with the best
You will join our Softcat Sales Development Programme, which is designed to equip you with everything you need to become successful. The programme will accelerate your confidence in the role and support you on your journey to being an established Account Manager. You will initially sell to our smaller Education accounts whilst you learn the ropes, and when you are ready, you will graduate from the programme and join a dedicated vertical team of your choice (Higher Education, Local Government, Police, Defence, Healthcare etc) Here you will begin to focus on fewer and larger accounts and really build up your specialist knowledge.
As a Public Sector Sales Executive, you will be responsible for:
- Researching potential customers to shape and build new business
- Growing new business through effective communication methods including cold calling, customer meetings and email marketing
- Working towards your KPI's through developing market understanding, building relationships and networking
- Providing effective account management to support your customers technology strategy, implementation, and future requirements
- Collaborating with your sales team, cross-functional teams, and external partners to help develop a rich customer experience
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefits include:
- Max employer pension contributions of 5%
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance
- Buy extra holiday plus an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday
- Technology vouchers, activity passes, restaurant discount cards
- Option to add your partner/family to some of the benefits
- Access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all perks and flexible benefits
We are recruiting for February 2022.
What we are looking for
- A passion for sales and be keen to learn and develop your skill set
- Demonstrate a keen entrepreneurial flare and the desire to build your own client base from scratch
- Be a motivated self-starter, a quick learner and be highly organised
- Show an enthusiasm to learn and develop your knowledge for new and emerging technologies
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to build solid relationships internally and with potential new clients
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment