This exciting role is to work within the Specialist Sales team here at Softcat. The Specialist team are responsible for providing consultancy and support to our customers and Sales teams. This is provided around a range of technology-based solutions, including Networking and Security and Datacentre. The key focus of this team is to keep abreast of what’s happening in the specific technology areas they are aligned to. This means they can understand how this may impact our customers, and how best we can deliver value.
Softcat sales opportunities come with big earnings potential (£60k average OTE by year 3) and a structured progression path. Plus, you don’t need specific qualifications or experience to join us! We can help you reach your goals if you bring us the ambition to succeed.
Success. The Softcat Way.
Softcat is a billion-pound technology company that feels like one family. We're big on culture, big on teamwork and big on rewards. Through collaboration and understanding, we help customers to use technology to succeed, by putting our employees first. Welcome to a business where personal achievement and team success go hand-in-hand.
Partner with the best
We are offering opportunities to join the Specialist team either in Networking and Security or Datacentre. Both of which don't require previous knowledge or experience in the sector. We are looking for someone that has a thirst to learn and will enjoy focusing on a specific aspect of technology.
As a Sales Specialist (in either area explained above) you will be responsible for:
- Researching potential customers to shape and build new business
- Providing internal consultancy to other Account Managers across our Corporate Sales teams
- Working towards your KPI's through developing market understanding, building relationships and networking
- Providing specialist technology insight that will help your customers buy the right technology that solves their business challenges
- Collaborating with your sales team, cross-functional teams, and external partners to help develop a rich customer experience
We recognise that everyone is different and that the way in which people want to work and deliver at their best is different for everyone too. In this role, we can offer the following flexible working patterns:
- Occasional home working possible
- Working flexible hours - flexing the times you start and finish during the day
- Flexibility around school pick up and drop offs
Working with us
Wherever you work, we want you to experience the freedom and autonomy to realise your potential. You will feel supported by a team that celebrates individuality, encourages different perspectives, and embraces every background.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and will provide you with opportunities to grow, flourish, and achieve great things. Our benefits include:
- Max employer pension contributions of 5%
- Share incentive plan
- Life assurance
- Buy extra holiday plus an extra day’s holiday on top of your usual entitlement on your birthday
- Technology vouchers, activity passes, restaurant discount cards
- Option to add your partner/family to some of the benefits
- Access to Perklife, our dedicated portal for all perks and flexible benefits
We are recruiting for March 2022.
What we are looking for
- Have a passion for sales and be keen to learn and develop your skill set
- Demonstrate a keen entrepreneurial flare and the desire to build your own client base from scratch
- Be a motivated self-starter, a quick learner and be highly organised
- Show an enthusiasm to learn and develop your knowledge for new and emerging technologies
- Have a high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Have the ability to build solid relationships internally and with potential new clients
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- UK wide
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 June 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment