The Accounts Assistant will provide administrative support to the finance function. You will be working with the finance team to help maintain and smoothly run the accounts department as well as helping in general office duties from time-to-time.
Duties and responsibilities of the job include:
- Will deal with purchase ledger and sales ledger duties in the accounts payable and receivable function.
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Will be responsible for bookkeeping tasks
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Assisting in month end closing of accounts
- Admin duties including sorting the post, going to post office and ordering stationary
- Adhere to the company's or organisation's financial policies and procedures
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Assisting with any other ad hoc duties as required
- Checking statements as they arrive to make sure invoices are on xero
- Communicate with all departments in ensuring invoices are approved and signed off
- Handle card request forms to ensure they are all signed and receipts have been provided.
- Scan receipts for petty cash and card spend to receipt bank
- Scan signed invoices and attach them to invoices on xero
This role is on a part-time basis, three days a week initially for three months with the aim to make it permanent. The first three months of employment will be on probation. The Accounts Assistant will report to Senior Accounts Assistant.
Our headquarters are located a few minutes’ walk away from Liverpool street station, Old street and Shoreditch.
- Designer shoe allowance
- Study support after six months completion of the role
- 20 days holiday prorated to part time equivalent
- Leave early on Wednesday
Sophia Webster is a rapidly-expanding designer footwear and accessories brand which has created a unique position in the market and is now looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant to assist in the day to day running of the accounts department.
We have around 60 full time members of staff, as well as interns, working from our colourful and lively studio based in Shoreditch, London.
Sophia Webster has gained a number of accolades, including the British Fashion Award for Emerging Accessories Designer and most recently won the Vogue Fashion Fund.
- You will be happy to work in a small team of people, as well as being committed to working for a young, dynamic and innovative brand with an independent mind-set
- You will have a passion for numbers, accuracy and attention to detail
- You should be a self-motivated person who can work independently, with an ability to deal with a high volume of work maintaining accuracy, speed and efficiency
Qualifications and experience requirements
This role is likely to appeal to someone who has recently graduated from university or studying towards an accountancy or finance degree and wanting to start their career in finance.
Accepted degree subjects
accounting and finance
Contract and working hours
Temporary · Part-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Email your CV and covering letter including why are you the best candidate for this role, via the Apply button.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 27/02/2018