As a member of our Content Science team, you’ll be central to the development of the product. You’ll use your knowledge of maths and insight into the learning process, to help the team develop engaging new ways to teach topics that can unlock a whole new world of understanding for students. In a nutshell, you’ll be helping to shape how the next generation learn.
- Supporting the development of content for the Sparx platform.
- Suggesting new ideas to improve content design and efficiency, rewards and video tutorials.
- Collaborating with the rest of the Sparx team to find out what’s working (and what’s not) through the gathering and analysis of lesson data and through school observations.
- Providing in-lesson support and training for teachers within schools using the Sparx system.
- Working with our partner schools, developing and maintaining successful relationships between Sparx and key stakeholders such as teachers and heads of department.
- Assisting with quality assurance to ensure the system is performing brilliantly, while supporting the development of new tools and procedures.
- Working with the dynamic, eclectic and inspiring Sparx team to ensure the product is the best it can be.
Here at Sparx we're using a scientific and research-based approach that takes the guesswork out of education. Through data and real-world classroom observation, we're investigating what makes the best learning experience in order to improve educational outcomes for students, today and tomorrow.
Our platform for maths uses custom-built content and a powerful, data-driven web and mobile framework to deliver a tailored set of exercises, games and incentives that are redefining the limits of what young people can achieve.
We’re looking for people with a real passion for education and a belief in the power of technology to improve it; people who want a challenge and people who want to make a difference.
- Demonstrable experience of multitasking, prioritising your workload and meeting deadlines.
- Being a good team player who is positive and infectiously enthusiastic about the values and vision of Sparx.
- Teaching and/or tutoring experience.
- Customer service, relationship building or project management experience.
- Knowledge of education and school system.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Minimum 2:1 in maths, science, engineering or any relevant technical and numerate degree.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · mathematics · chemistry · materials science · computer sciences and IT
Our generous benefits include substantial holiday leave and the chance to join our company pension. We have a range of on-site facilities for all employees to use free of charge. Our café serves delicious, local organic food - all for free.
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: 02/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 02/01/2018