The opportunity to join us as an intern is one that is unique, challenging and rewarding. We are currently looking for world-class talent to join our summer internship programme running 10 June – 16 August 2019 in our Edinburgh office within our Accountancy stream.
Our accounting team plays a big part in how our business performs and develops. It provides the analysis and information to allow accurate budgeting, forecasting and reporting. It also offers expertise and insight to support and inform the business decisions we take.
We look for people with excellent analytical skills, and the drive to make those skills count. An ability to see the bigger picture is important too – to help you to make balanced decisions, and communicate clearly with whomever you’re working with.
From day one, you’ll contribute to our ambitions whilst developing your skills and knowledge in the industry. Over the 10 week summer placement you will be given real work with tangible outputs within the Accountancy stream, allowing you to gain exposure to real business situations, with real responsibility.
Regardless of which team you join within Accountancy stream you will gain a depth of experience; getting the opportunity to work with seasoned professionals across our business and engage in development activities with your peers on internship programme. You will be based with the same team throughout the placement.
Intern Programme summary
At Standard Life Aberdeen, we look to develop our colleagues from the beginning of their career. During the ten week internship programme you will build knowledge within the department you are in as well as having the opportunity to build a network with other interns and wider colleagues.
As well as on the job learning, you will have access to a wide range of E learning courses and complete a structured development programme over 10 weeks that includes training, networking and gaining exposure to senior stakeholders across the business.
On completion of your summer internship you will be considered for a position on our Graduate 36 month rotational graduate programme starting in 2020 within Accountancy stream. This programme gives graduates the chance to start their career in a highly supportive team environment, whilst gaining skills, experience along with support through further qualifications.
What we are looking for
We are looking for motivated candidates who can demonstrate:
- Communication skills: can clearly and effectively communicate both written and verbally.
- Team work: encourages team work, collaboration and breaking down boundaries when working with others.
- Trust and integrity: demonstrates the organisations’ values to deliver work with integrity and to high ethical standards.
- Planning and prioritising: organises and priorities to efficiently accomplish tasks and meet objectives based on relative value, importance, and urgency.
- Attention to detail: demonstrates attention to detail, accuracy and organisation in work.
- Analytical : effective in collecting and analysing information to facilitate and support decisions.
We are looking for undergraduates and graduates in their penultimate or final year of studies to join our summer internship programme.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
- The summer internship application is made up of four easy to follow stages.
- CV and online application - if you’re serious about a role with us, it’s worth taking the time at this stage to get your CV and application right.
- Online tests - when doing the tests, it is always best to choose a quiet location where you won’t be disturbed.
- Telephone interview - this is your chance to have a conversation with us and to re-affirm your motivation for applying and interest in the stream you have applied to.
- Assessment Centre- this is the final stage in the process, where we get to meet you face to face and you have the chance to really make an impression.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details