STV’s Central Technical Area consists of a small dynamic team of operators and engineers providing 24/7 television playout services across Central and Northern Scotland using a variety of broadcasting platforms.
The Broadcast Technology team currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Broadcast Engineer to join the Network Operations Centre (NOC). Reporting to the Broadcast Systems and Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for providing a high level of engineering and operational support across STV’s broadcast systems and digital platforms. You will also provide technical advice and expertise to the wider business and act as a mentor to junior team members.
The opportunity to work on special engineering projects will often arise, this work may or may not require coming off shift to work office hours for set periods for the duration of the project.
- To support all broadcast and broadcast IT systems within the Central Technical area, reacting to system failures in an appropriate manner and prioritising response according to business criticality
- NOC operations to support vision circuits, satellite downlinks, IP connectivity and communications across Transmission playout, News, Regional Offices and our Online digital services
- To interpret and diagnose system issues reported from a range of sources including our Network Management System (NMS)
- To liaise with manufacturers and product specialists effectively to minimise service disruption
- Maintain system documentation and drawings and write up procedures for operational staff
- Share information with the wider team and provide a mentoring role
- Provide reporting on major issues to the Broadcast Systems and Engineering manager
What we are looking for
- Demonstrable track record of working in broadcast television engineering and operations
- Ability to work under pressure with a calm and diagnostic approach
- Good interpersonal, teamwork and communication skills
- Good understanding of IP networks including CCNA or similar qualification.
- Solid understanding of Serial Digital Interface (SDI) in a high-definition broadcast environment
- Operational experience of satellite up/downlinks
- Appreciation of Digital Production Partnership (DPP) standards and checks
- A keen desire to learn new skills and technologies
- Qualified to degree level or equivalent in an engineering discipline is desirable
- MSOffice, Visio, AutoCAD desirable
- Experience of using file-based operational environments – encoding, transport and storage is desirable
- Telestream Vantage and Pipeline experience advantageous
Accepted degree subjects
- media studies and publishing
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 5 October 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 5 October 2022