As the Special Projects Coordinator you will:
- provide administrative support to the CEO
- oversee compliance with data privacy regulations
- manage customer privacy contracts
- coordinate recruitment
- assist HR consultant with running of HR function
- run special projects
What we offer
- central Edinburgh location
- 39 hours per week
- flexi-time and flex-holiday
- share options
- an exciting and vibrant working environment
- a chance to be part of a fast-growing internet business
Above all, you will be helping children reach their full potential.
Sumdog is an online games-based maths & English learning service used by millions of children in the UK and US. We are part of an exciting ed-tech revolution that captures a detailed understanding of each child's strengths and weaknesses to tailor their learning using the principles of mastery learning. The results are spectacular. Research shows primary school students that use our service regularly, progress significantly faster than those that don't.
Sumdog is a small but rapidly growing high-impact company that has just received a substantial investment from Nesta and Scottish Enterprise. Our mission is to close the attainment gap by helping all children reach their full potential. Our particular strength is the way we engage even the most disenchanted students.
Our substantial customer base and the complexity of our service - from the algorithms that adapt to individual students through to the big data we collect for teacher reports - mean that we face similar challenges to the internet giants. For many people, this makes us the perfect employer. We're on an exciting trajectory, both small enough to listen to our employees, and big enough to be intellectually interesting. The work we do is both rewarding and valuable.
- honours degree with a strong analytical component
- law degree is beneficial
- strong written and verbal communication skills
- strong IT and analytic skills
- ability to work in a dynamic environment, often with demanding deadlines.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- An engineering, scientific or numerical undergraduate degree from a leading university.
- Strong computer skills.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · agricultural sciences · economics · food sciences · architecture · mathematics · chemical engineering · geology and geographical science · chemistry · accounting and finance · sports science · health sciences · biology and life sciences · materials science · computer sciences and IT · pharmacy and pharmacology · electronic and electrical engineering · engineering management · civil engineering and construction · law and legal studies
How to apply
Number of vacancies: one
Want to work in an amazing team, and feel good about what you do? Then join us.
Send a CV and cover email via the Apply button. Include your phone number, and when you're available for an initial conversation.
Closing date: 19/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 19/12/2017