We are searching for an energetic and enthusiastic, hands-on person to join our small, dynamic and ambitious team. This is an exciting opportunity to support our team and give you exposure to many aspects of the marketing mix but which requires a ‘can-do’ attitude, strong team-work skills and the ability to find a solution as and when obstacles arise.
The role is based full time at our beautiful Hayman's Gin distillery in Balham which includes Friday night drinks at the bar and staff prices on our brands.
Overall purpose of job
This role supports the marketing team to deliver an activation plan for each of the following brands: Hayman’s Gin, Merser Rum, Bush Rum and any new brand launches within the group. Key responsibilities will include creating content such as photography, blogs and branded materials including POS/accessories.
The role requires regular engagement with consumer and trade audiences at distillery tours and events and will require evening and weekend work from time to time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Play an active role in creating and delivering social media content plans for the brand and community management - respond to comments and feedback on alive basis to create an interactive feel to the brand’s social channels.
- Contribute content to and help distribute consumer newsletters– working with Mailchimp and / or other online platforms.
- Regular review and updating of our website and online shops including creating content for offers and online shop.
- Support our partnerships and PR activity for our brands.
- Help organise special events at Hayman’s distillery and Merser House and seek out local restaurant partnerships.
- The development and upkeep of marketing materials and POS (point of sale)
- The organisation of trade and consumer events and exhibitions
- Representing our brands at a number of shows as well as gin and rum tours and tastings
- Collating a monthly competitor report and industry news update
- Maintain and update our filing system
- Handling website and phone enquiries.
What we are looking for
- One year’s experience which could be a university placement year.
- You need to be motivated, hands-on, enthusiastic and personable with an interest in the drinks industry.
- An organised multi-tasker who is good at working to deadlines is essential.
- Forward thinking and a team player with initiative and a great attitude.
- A quick learner with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Some flexibility will be needed to work events and tours in the evenings and weekends.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- £24,000 - £25,000
Bonus and pension, 24 days holiday, Staff prices on our range of spirits
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15 June 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15 June 2021