Would you like to travel and experience China while developing your professional skills for when you return home?
- We are actively recruiting 120 new and recent graduates from the UK and Ireland to teach English as a foreign language (TEFL)
- All successful applicants will have the support of Teachers For Asia and our TFA Quality Guaranteed client school, to obtain your Chinese Work Visa (Z Visa) before you depart
- Full support of Teachers For Asia staff in Asia throughout your year in China
- Graduates of all disciplines are welcome. You do not require prior teaching experience, the skills you have gained studying for your degree are ideal
- You will teach English to Chinese teenagers and adults - of course you can, you use it each day at home
- Working with small class sizes, you can plan enjoyable English lessons for your students who may be attending university or working in company
- Teaching material is ready for you including a multimedia room and even a barista style café at the reception of each school to encourage learning through social engagement
- Expect to make lots of new friends in your city. There will be more international teachers at your as well as at the local expat social scene and sports clubs
At Teachers For Asia, our team have worked hard to build up a wide selection of quality trusted client schools all across Asia. We visit every client school and talk with current teachers before awarding a school with the Teachers For Asia Quality Guarantee. This ensures our teachers are placed at great schools and have a really positive and enjoyable experience. You will have full support from our Asia/Ireland based team throughout the duration of your contract.
Even if you have no prior teaching background, we will make sure you are fully prepared to teach English abroad and have a lot of fun while doing so. Each month, our newly certified teachers are commencing high quality TEFL teaching positions in many locations around Asia.
- Housing allowance 1,500-3,000 CNY/month (depending on the city)
- Flight allowance 8,000 CNY
- Appraisals leading to increase in teacher grade and salary and possible performance bonus
- Sponsored (Z) work visa
- Three-day paid hotel accommodation upon arrival in China
- 5-10 days full training and orientation
- Approx four weeks paid holidays
- Medical and accident insurance
- Promotion and management opportunities
Continuous recruitment also possible.
What we are looking for
Candidates with an enthusiasm for travel and an interest to help Chinese students with their English. Whether you are new to teaching or have experience and like the idea of a school with state of the art facilities and a positive working environment, we want to hear from you.
Applicants must hold a BA in any discipline. Previous teaching experience is not necessary. A 120-hour TEFL certificate is required. Our experienced recruitment team are happy to offer advice on acceptable courses.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please send your CV to via the Apply button. Our team will contact you shortly afterwards to arrange a Skype call with David or Michael, our recruitment managers.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 25/07/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||120|
|Additional location information||Positions are available in over 20 cities around China including, historical and cultural Beijing, Chengdu the home of the Chinese Panda Bear, China's silicon valley Shenzhen, exciting and cosmopolitan Shanghai and beautiful Dongguan on China's west coast|
1,280 – 2,215 GBP
Salary per month and depending on location