Oh hello. What’s that? You love problem solving? Great. Ever thought about a career in the Technology industry? Because you sound perfect for it. Starting a career in this industry might feel a bit daunting, but the Ten10 Academy welcomes candidates from any academic / employment background and teaches the skills and knowledge required to succeed. We encourage applications particularly from groups who are currently hugely underrepresented in the tech industry, including women, LGBTQ+ people and people from ethnic minority backgrounds. Let’s close the digital skills gap together.
Ten10 offers a unique opportunity to explore an exciting future in technology, become a qualified and experienced Software Tester / Business Analyst / Developer / Cyber Security Analyst / DevOps Engineer / Project Manager with accelerated career progression. We will ensure that you are equipped with everything that you need to succeed in your future career here.
What will you be doing?
The Academy follows a structured ‘Learn IT, Grow IT, Live IT’ model across the two-year programme:
Learn it: you’ll receive eight weeks of ‘core’ training (an introduction to a little of everything – taught from the very beginning, there’s no requirement for previous experience or knowledge). We then follow up with up to four weeks of additional specialist training (which area of core training did you like best? Let’s explore it more with you. Business Analysis, Test Automation, Software Development and more). All Ten10 training is delivered by our brilliant team of industry experts. Core training is conducted remotely, but for additional training. We offer free accommodation (and Yorkshire Tea) in Leeds during this period to all trainees – it’s your choice whether you’d like to move in!
Grow it: next, you’ll have some time for self-development via self-driven training, lets focus on you, would you benefit from some further 1-2-1 training? Would you like to gain a professional industry certification? Ten10 will fund your self-development and industry qualifications.
Live it: after your training is complete, you will join a Ten10 team on a live project with one of our clients. We’ll work with you to determine which type of project would suit best (based on your interests, your preference for working environment, skillset post-training and client demand). Our clients include fashion brands, market-leading supermarkets, various governmental departments, professional services, charities, healthcare providers, law firms and financial institutions. As the two-year Academy comes to an end, you may choose to continue your career with Ten10 in our consultancy or be offered a permanent role with your client.
Mentoring, support and wellbeing
- Development days – take a day out of busy project life for your self-development
- Wellbeing and mental health support from a dedicated team
- Contributory pension scheme, life assurance, sick pay scheme, Medicash healthcare, Bike2Work scheme, relocation support, travel and moving house loan
- Ten10 Stars: you’re gifted ‘stars’ every month to give to your colleagues for being amazing! Work hard, receive stars, save them up and cash them in for retail vouchers, a charitable contribution or a PayPal balance transfer.
- £20 per month gym membership
- Academy buddy scheme, rely on mentoring from other people in the Academy and the wider business as you build up your own confidence and industry experience
Ten10 social life
- We love a party, and know how to throw one properly, with a graduation bash at the end of your training, a large summer and Christmas events as well as sporadic celebrations and trips throughout the year
- Quarterly awards to recognise greatness and the Ten10 Person of The Year award – if you win, the prize is a fully-funded week away to anywhere in the world to complete a charity project of your choice
- We organise regular initiatives for charitable causes – get involved
- Academy-specific social events conducted regularly across the country
£400pcm bursary during initial training. £23,000 (with a potential additional location allowance of up to £3,500 dependent upon the location of your client office) once placed on a client project plus salary and performance reviews every six months.
Ten10 and you
We will give you the knowledge, tools and environment to empower you to become the best you can be in a creative and trusting workplace. People are at the heart of everything we do; it’s the perfect time to join us and kickstart your career in one of the world’s biggest industries. We are currently on track to quadruple in size by 2025.
What we are looking for
You don’t need to tick any ‘technology’ box to be part of the team, take everything you think you know about the industry and throw it away; everyone is welcome, and everyone has something unique to offer.
We’d like you to join our team, where your voice will be heard, and your involvement will be valued; Ten10 will be even better once you start with us.
We can’t wait to meet you.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- UK wide
- £23,000 - £26,500
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Please let us know if we can support you within our recruitment process by making any adjustments, we are focused on ensuring that all applicants have a positive experience and are set up for success.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 November 2024
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 November 2024