Tessella is a global analytics and software services consultancy that works with some of the world’s leading organisations in pharmaceuticals, energy, consumer goods and the public sector. We are seeking a talented Data Scientist / Software Developer to join us and add real value to our clients by helping to solve the difficult and challenging problems they face.
Due to our continued growth and success, we are hiring for a number of positions from graduate entry level to experienced, and we have both immediate and upcoming vacancies at all of our UK branches throughout 2016.
The services we offer clients include data analytics, informatics expertise and scientific software engineering. We are seeking an exceptional individual to join us and work across all of these areas on exciting projects for our illustrious customers. Projects are varied and challenging and can span a range of activities, including:
- Working closely with our customers to help identify and define their requirements.
- Helping our customers understand and make use of their data to improve their processes and inform their decision making.
- Designing and developing tailor made software solutions or tools, being involved in all stages of the software development lifecycle.
What we offer
We offer exciting careers working on challenging projects with global companies at the forefront of science and technology. All of our staff are high achieving problem solvers, over half of whom have PhDs. They enjoy working with like-minded, intelligent colleagues to create, develop and deliver solutions and services that make a difference to the world, from developing smarter drug trials to controlling the orbit and attitude of satellites.
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we also offer excellent future prospects. From growing your technical abilities to developing leadership skills, we offer tailored career development based on your aspirations. This is supported by our industry-leading training package – all our staff have an annual training allowance of 150 hours, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.
Tessella is a global analytics and software services consultancy that works with some of the world’s leading organisations in pharmaceuticals, energy, consumer goods and the public sector. We combine our innovative problem solving abilities with our technical and domain expertise to help our clients understand the complex challenges they face and deliver the solutions they need. Tessella is part of the Altran Group, a global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting.
Qualifications and experience requirements
A career at Tessella offers a unique opportunity to combine data analytics, domain knowledge and technical skills. To succeed in this role, you should have:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in science, mathematics or engineering.
- An understanding of big/complex data and the ability to interpret large volumes of data in order to draw conclusions using a wide variety of statistical techniques.
- Software development experience in one or more of the following: Java, R, Python, C, C#, C++, Matlab. Prefer object-oriented programming expertise.
- Eagerness and capacity to quickly learn new science and technologies, and apply your skills to unsolved challenges.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to explain complex technical solutions to customers and colleagues from all backgrounds
- While not essential, any experience with data analysis tools such as Hadoop or Spotfire would be an advantage.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · engineering, electronic and electrical · mathematics · chemical engineering · biology and life sciences · geology and geographical science · chemistry · materials science · engineering, aerospace
Abingdon · Burton-upon-Trent · Stevenage · Warrington
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 15
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 23/05/2017