We are looking for an enthusiastic Software Support Developer to join our customer support team. This is an exciting opportunity to work on varied, cutting edge projects for leading science and engineering organisations.
Some of the solutions we provide are bespoke software applications and systems written for our customers. Our Application Continuity and Improvement (ACI) team maintains an ongoing relationship with our customers by providing support and maintenance activities for them. This includes developing system enhancements, fixing bugs, and ensuring that applications remain up to date with modern software technologies.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Carry out small software enhancement projects over a range of applications.
- Provide hands-on software support to aid with diagnosis of problems and incident resolution.
- Investigate and resolve in-depth customer queries and underlying software issues.
- Handle incidents, documenting and informing customers of progress.
- Ensure incidents get addressed within our contracted timescales.
- Manage the escalation of support work to other teams if required.
- Liaise with other customer teams or with third parties as required.
What We Offer
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we also offer good future prospects. From growing your technical abilities to developing leadership skills, we offer tailored career development based on your aspirations. This is supported by our industry-leading training package – all our staff have an annual training allowance of 150 hours, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.
What we are looking for
To join our ACI team, you should have:
- BSc (min. 2.1) in Computer Science or a scientific / numerate discipline.
- Experience of working with at least some of the following technologies: Java, C#, Oracle, SQL Server, Active Directory, IIS and Tomcat would be beneficial, as would experience of troubleshooting in either a Windows or Linux enterprise environment.
- The ability to learn new skills and new technologies quickly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving abilities.
- A methodical approach to work and the ability to juggle several priorities at once.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details