Tessella is a global analytics and data science consulting services company. We combine our innovative problem solving abilities with our technical and domain expertise to help our clients understand the complex challenges they face and deliver the solutions they need.
We are looking to recruit a talented Software Test Engineer who can help to ensure that the software we create and deliver to our clients is of the highest quality and meets their needs. We welcome graduate entry-level candidates as well as experienced Senior Test Engineers for the position.
You will be involved in all aspects of testing throughout the project lifecycle, from initial development testing through to final acceptance by the client. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Test Manager, Project Managers and Technical Leads to produce test plans.
- Reviewing applications against requirements during development to confirm that all requirements have been met.
- Collaborating with developers to ensure that test scripts are adequate and appropriate.
- Advising developers on automated test scripts and helping generate them.
- Performing system and regression testing of applications before they are released to clients.
- Working with clients as they test and accept Tessella applications, advising and assisting as necessary.
- This is an exciting opportunity to be involved with many of Tessella’s projects. You will further your own skills and experience by gaining exposure to the wide variety of clients we work with and the broad range of sectors we operate in. There may be opportunities to travel around our UK and European offices to support project teams directly.
As well as a competitive salary and benefits package, we offer an industry-leading training package. All staff are given an annual training allowance of 150 hours, which can be used to learn new technologies, develop soft skills or earn recognised professional qualifications.
What we are looking for
If you are interested in joining Tessella as a Software Test Engineer, you should have:
- BSc (min. 2.1) in a technical subject, e.g. computer science, science, maths, engineering.
- Experience in project-based software testing.
- Good interpersonal skills in order to tactfully handle interactions with developers about bugs in their code.
- Ability to work independently on several projects at once.
- Experience of preparing test plans is desirable.
- Test automation experience would also be an advantage.
- Experience in non-functional testing, performance/load testing, or security testing would also be advantage.
- Security Clearance.
Due to the nature of some of our projects, applicants should be able to gain security clearance to SC level. To get this, you will normally have had to have been a resident in the UK for a minimum of five years and be able to clear criminal, security and credit checks.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 20/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
£25 - £35,000