Work with us in Language Schools, Kindergartens and International Schools across China to help children and adults gain a passion and excitement for learning English (as well as other subjects). You will be applying to work and live in China for a minimum of one-year.
- All applicants will be trained to teach from the very beginning if you have never taught before.
- All applicants will go though a period of classroom observation where you will be watching other teachers classes to gain more confidence before teaching.
We have vacancies in over 50 cities across the country, if you book an interview with us you will receive advice on living and working in China as well as help in deciding which city you might want to apply to teach in.
To learn more about the exact day-to-day details of the job, please book an interview and we will be happy to explain everything in great detail and answer all your questions.
A salary that is at least 10% above market standard for the area it is located in. Between 15,000 and 30,000 RMB per month depending on the location of the job and your credentials. This is about £1,700 - £3,400/month, however, due to China's purchasing power parity this salary has far more utility than it would in a European nation or the USA.
Our positions typically provide:
- A free TEFL paid up-front - We will provide you with a TEFL or Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificate while we begin to apply for your visa so that you can learn the basics of teaching online before arriving in China.
- Free flights to China paid up-front - We will book them for you directly after your work visa is done being processed
- A free, fully furnished, private apartment - This apartment will be located near your place of work in an area of town where other foreign teachers live.
- Free Mandarin lessons - Many of our locations will have once a week Mandarin lessons to learn. This will allow you to learn the basics so that you are able to acquire the language more easily from daily life.
- 5) Paid visa - We will ensure that your visa procedure runs smoothly as you are guided through every step of the process. We will ensure that all major expenses associated with obtaining a legal working visa are taken care of.
- Intensive training in China to become a teacher before teaching - All our positions that are for new teachers or teachers with minimal experience come with training. You will be taught both the theory and practice of classroom management, language teaching and educational psychology. After training you will have a period of classroom observation, to watch other teachers with more experience so as to gain further insight before managing your own classroom.
- Airport pickup, city orientation and cultural assimilation introductions - Upon arrival you will be picked up at an airport and driven to your hotel before moving into your apartment. You will be given a tour of your area and all the local important establishments like supermarkets, hospitals and underground stops.
- A co-teacher who speaks both English and Chinese who will work with you both within and outside the classroom setting - You will have constant support in work and outside of work from your dedicated co-teacher who will be able to assist you in crossing the cultural and linguistic divide.
What we are looking for
A genuine desire to improve the lives of your students to learn about Chinese culture and to work hard is of paramount importance for this position. You will have an amazing time, you will be able to travel China and the rest of Asia and you will be able to live an upper-middle class lifestyle while saving money and learning a new skill but please remember that you are applying to a challenging job working with children or professional adults and you need to have the requisite level of responsibility and professionalism to succeed in this position.
- Experience not essential as full ongoing training is provided
- You do not need a TEFL certificate. If you are successfully shortlisted, we can help you acquire (and will pay for) your TEFL certificate
Bachelor’s degree (any subject).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- £24-£36,000 year
Free private apartment, Chinese lessons, flights paid in advance, Free TEFL, teacher training, daily language assistance in and out of school
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please fill in the simple online form on our website via the Apply button and we will contact you with interview times.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23 October 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment