We’re looking for smart, ambitious and inquisitive people to join the Software Institute's Automation Test Engineering Graduate Programme with start dates available on 6 and 27 September.
You’ll be building automated test pipelines and learning what it takes to develop secure, scalable software for enterprise clients using the best AI, DevOps and automation tools.
During the first eight weeks you’ll participate in our remote, fast-track training programme which focuses on key DevOps, programming and automation testing skills and how to apply them in real-life software development projects.
We’ll then support you as you start your first consulting placement onsite with the Software Institute’s global IT client in Preston.
You’ll be putting your training into practice as you start to:
- Use core programming languages like Java, C# and Python
- Design and write automation test scripts
- Build CI/CD pipelines with tools like Jenkins and Circle CI
- Investigate usability and security problems in software
- Troubleshoot application issues, bugs, and bottlenecks
- Work as part of a multi-skilled software development team and collaborating with other engineers
- Contribute to challenging projects for a range of clients, across a range of industries
Salary and benefits
- Fully-sponsored and paid training at the Software Institute
- Starting salary of £18,000 during eight-week training rising to £23,000 on starting your first client placement followed by pay rise to £28,000 - £30,000 after a year in your consulting role
- 22 days’ holiday plus eight bank holidays with an extra day added for each year you work with us
- Pension contributions
- Support and personal development planning to help you maximise your career progression
- Ongoing sponsorship and training to achieve new professional certifications
What we are looking for
No matter your academic background, you could thrive in this role if you’re someone who:
- Enjoys problem-solving and creating solutions
- Takes initiative
- Can learn new concepts quickly
- Can work well in a team and independently
- Has excellent attention to detail
- Enjoys working in a process-driven way
- Is willing to speak up and offer ideas for change
- Is able to build rapport with a diverse range of people
Typically, you’ll be a graduate with a STEM (science, technology, engineering or maths) degree and a real interest in business and technology.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 October 2021