TDX are a high-volume manufacturer of packaging material for use in the food industry. Due to continued growth, we are recruiting a graduate to develop our transport department.
The successful candidate will undertake CPC Transport Manager training and exam within the first 6 months of starting this position. As well as managing our external hauliers on a day to day basis the role will involve developing our own in-house transport fleet and personnel from scratch.
This is an excellent opportunity for a graduate with a genuine interest in transport and logistics to play a front line role in developing the transport function in a forward thinking organisation.
Roll will primarily involve:
- Shipping - liaising with sales and production planning and organising external and in-house transport to deliver to customers.
- Customer liaison – to book in and schedule deliveries and collections.
- Management of goods-in to our warehouse liaising with the Warehouse Manager and collating all associated paperwork such as supplier delivery notes.
- Admin – all administration and paperwork such as packing lists, delivery notes, supplier delivery notes associated with outgoing and incoming deliveries.
- Raising and issuing of purchase orders in line with customer return loads and purchase requisitions raised for raw materials.
- General and ad-hoc duties as and when required
Hours of work
Normal hours of work are 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am-5.00pm, with a 30 minute unpaid break each day.
20 days during a complete holiday year plus Bank Holidays, rising by one day per year for each completed year or service at the 1 January, up to a maximum of 25 days per year at five or more years of completed service. Employees are required to keep up to five days of their holiday to cover the Christmas and New Year holiday period. For part years of service entitlement will be calculated as 1/12th of the annual entitlement for each completed month of service during that holiday year.
All employees are automatically enrolled into the company pension scheme after having completed three months service and providing they have attained the age of 22 years, in line with the government regulations under auto enrolment. A 2% contribution is paid by the company and the employee is required to contribute 1%. Contributions are based upon basic salary only.
Six months. Employment is subject the completion of a medical history form.
To be discussed at interview. A structured career path with incremental pay rises will be agreed with the successful applicant.
- Microsoft Office Proficient
- Ability to learn and use Microsoft NAV ERP system
- A willingness to learn all aspects of the transport co-ordinator role and undertake further training to achieve the CPC qualification (Transport Manager Certificate of Professional Competence).
- An ability to work accurately under pressure.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team – sales/planning co-ordinator, Supply Chain Manager, Operations Director, Warehouse Manager, Shift Supervisors.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Applicants will have gained a 2:1 or above in a transport and logistics related degree and preferably have undertaken related work experience year as part of their studies.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Send CV via Apply button.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 05/10/2017