Finance at THG
THG’s Finance department is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of THG’s divisions.
With the company’s global presence increasing at an unprecedented rate, the Finance team continues to drive change while remaining agile; keeping pace with the business while never compromising on financial control or sales performance.
THG Finance is helping to deliver rapid growth for THG’s fast-moving, global brands. It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
About the role
As part of the Group Finance division, you will work as part of a team to help the business through the monthly and yearly reporting cycle, ensuring robust financial control along the way. Main duties and responsibilities include:
- Supporting the team in managing the month-end close timetable across all finance divisions to ensure we close on time, every time.
- Review of divisional balance sheet reconciliations to ensure high level of integrity across the group.
- Ownership of specific balance sheet areas to ensure thorough reconciliation at a divisional level whilst expanding own knowledge.
- Supporting the Financial Controller with the development of “best practice” processes that can be applied by the wider finance team.
- Maintenance of the cadency certification & close systems including inbox query management
- Be flexible and reactive to incoming project work, such as assisting with the implementation of new IT software and group projects.
- Support the team and the wider group finance function in both the external audit and tax compliance processes.
- Support the wider business (e.g. Tax & Group Reporting) as projects land.
- Competitive salary
- Agile working policy - allowing up to two days a week working from home
- Commitment to continued learning and development through our bespoke early careers offering
- Working at Top 25 Sunday Times Large Companies to Work for 2021 rated business
- Access to mental health support as well as access to on-site Doctor and Nurse
- Discounted on-site physio
What we are looking for
- You must be a second year university student looking to secure a year-in-industry placement
- Interest in technical and control aspects of finance
- Self-starter who is keen to learn and expand finance and business knowledge
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Hybrid, or partially remote
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider your application however we endeavour to respond to every application we receive. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days of applying or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 October 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment