Due to rapid growth, THG is looking to set up additional sites in NW UK and is recruiting graduate team / area managers who will be responsible for managing a team of around 20-40 warehouse operatives working in outbound / inbound operations. Your team will be responsible for receiving, picking, packing and sorting orders that are placed with THG using our warehouse management system. You will report to a shift manager and will support them in ensuring that we meet or exceed our targets for safety, quality and productivity of the fulfilment operation.
Main activities / tasks
- Lead and motivate a small team carrying out a variety of warehouse tasks including picking orders, packing orders, replenishing stock, sortation, decant, returns plus any other reasonable requests made by the business.
- You will be supervising and guiding the team whilst they carry out their duties and resolving any queries that they have.
- You will work with L & D to ensure that all members of your team have been suitably trained for each task that they are asked to perform
- You will also be required to ensure that your team are all adhering to THG’s health & safety policies and procedures and will work with your colleagues to promote a safe working environment
- You will need to ensure that the team is operating productively and in line with set KPIs and make corrections where required
- You will be the first line of escalation for any colleague concerns or requirement including HR issues
- Ensure quality standards are met.
- Become recognised as the process expert and leader of change in your process
- Allocate staff to certain areas and check staffing levels are in line with plans
- Communicate instructions from Senior Staff to your team and ensure these are followed.
- Identify key members of the team for development to promote succession planning
- Work with the people team to manage employee relations issues including absence reviews
- Assume shift management responsibility in times of absence and holiday
This role is the first line manager role and success is measured in people and process metrics. The ability to assume greater responsibility and leverage team strengths to solve basic problems will highlight those with potential for additional responsibility.
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
What we are looking for
- Experience managing and motivating a small team
- Experience working in a warehouse environment.
- Good communication/interpersonal/organisational skills
- A positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
- Ability to remain focused
- Good attention to detail
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time effectively and solving problems
- Ability to drive positive change
- IT literate: Excel and Word and capable of delivering reports using excel Knowledge of statistical tools like SPSS, Minitab a plus
- You will need to be fully flexible and prepared to work 12 hour shifts (inc. nights/weekends) at either Omega, Warrington / ICON Manchester site.
Degree in STEM/logistics/supply chain or similar
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Unfortunately, because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven't heard from us within 28 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion – however due to THG hiring multiple roles, the Talent team may be back in touch if we have something suitable.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment