Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
THG Technology and Innovation Accelerator
Come to learn. Stay to work.
A gateway to a technology career with THG, for creative thinkers from all disciplines. As part of our continued growth we seek to develop well-rounded, commercially astute technologists who can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG to help drive us forward.
Join us at the THG Technology and Innovation Accelerator. Our revolutionary six-month programme provides a gateway into a rewarding technology career in one of the world’s fastest growing technology companies. We’ll consider you a THG technologist from the start, with exposure to real projects and real responsibilities.
As a member of THG Accelerator, you will be exposed to every aspect of the technology that goes into THG’s world class technology platform and you will have the opportunity to work within a number of technical disciplines.
You’ll learn about software engineering in a unique learning environment that combines theory and practice with real problems and projects from our business. The content of the course curriculum will be tailored to THG, supplemented with real-world projects, and facilitated by a team of THG technology experts and THG Accelerator’s world-class faculty.
Modules studied with us will include:
- Fundamentals of programming (in Python)
- Operating systems and computer systems
- Web development
- Object-oriented programming (in Java)
Tech marketing – take on responsibility for our in-house eCRM platform and improve integration with marketing networks. You’ll be given the opportunity to pioneer exciting projects, such as devising an AI chat bot.
Internal Apps – join our team of full-stack developers to build internal tools. You’ll work closely with trading and marketing to gain a comprehensive understanding of technology requirements across the business.
Data Science – learn to leverage the vast quantity of data produced by our customers to formulate key strategic decisions. Use our Big Data platform, built on Google’s Cloud services, to improve customer experience.
Web Platform – focus on the core services of our websites, including the creation of robust enterprise level back-end systems. You can also take charge of long term projects, such as scaling our platform for global distribution and improving its resiliency.
Join The Hut Group via THG Accelerator and here’s what you can do:
- Learn something new every day.
- Share your ideas and add value.
- Work on a variety of bleeding edge technologies including distributed computing, natural language, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Work with other bright individuals on complex problems that will help change the face of global online retail.
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Build solutions using the latest technology
- Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor, physio and barber
- You'll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you've learn
What we are looking for
- We welcome applications from career-changers and do not restrict our programme to recent graduates.
- You’ll have an aptitude for technology and a strong interest in programming and coding.
- Ideally, we would like for you to have some practical knowledge or experience of at least one coding language. This could have been gained through school or university, or through giving it a go at home.
- You’ll have a passion for learning.
- You’ll possess good communication and team working skills.
You will have a degree in a STEM or related subject. However, we will also accept applications from students from non-STEM backgrounds who can demonstrate a commitment to and interest in technology and programming outside of their degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Unfortunately, because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, we are sometimes unable to respond to every application. If you haven't heard from us within 28 days of applying, please consider your application to have been unsuccessful on this occasion – however due to THG hiring multiple roles, the Talent team may be back in touch if we have something suitable.
Should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions within THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 22 October 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment