The Think Ahead programme is a new route into social work, for graduates and career-changers remarkable enough to make a real difference to people with mental health problems.
At Think Ahead, we want to see a society where everyone with mental health problems can flourish.
That won’t happen unless people can improve their social circumstances – because life issues like relationships, living arrangements, and employment have profound effects on mental wellbeing.
Our two-year graduate programme combines on-the-job learning, a master’s degree, and leadership training, all of which help our participants to become great social workers, strengthen mental health services, and spread social approaches to mental health across society.
On Think Ahead’s paid two-year programme, you will:
- Take on a challenging and varied role, with responsibility from day one
- Be paid to spend two years training on-the-job and working in a community mental health team, alongside clinical professionals
- Make a significant difference to the lives of people with mental illness
- Gain two qualifications, qualifying as a social worker and gaining a master's degree
- Start a fast-track career with leadership training and transferable skills
What we are looking for
You don’t need any prior experience of social work, but you will need to demonstrate that you have the seven attributes necessary to excel on the Think Ahead programme and beyond: leadership, motivation, adaptability, relationship-building, communication, problem-solving, and self-awareness.
Think Ahead is a highly selective programme. While you need no prior experience of social work to apply, our criteria states that you must:
- Show a passion for improving the lives of people with mental illness
- Demonstrate key attributes including resilience, empathy, and communication skills
Hold or achieve at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a subject other than social work.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North East England
- North West England
- Northern Ireland
- South East England
- South West England
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and the Humber
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 16 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 16 February 2020