We are facing one of the toughest mental health challenges of all time. If ever there was a time to make a difference, it’s now.
If you are a compassionate graduate or career-changer, remarkable enough to make a real difference, now could be the perfect time to become a mental health social worker with Think Ahead.
Through our two-year fully funded training programme you will:
- Empower people living with mental health problems to truly flourish, working on life issues together like relationships, living arrangements, and employment – all of which can have profound effects on mental wellbeing.
- Train on the job, working alongside clinical professionals in NHS Mental Health Trusts and Local Authorities.
- Gain two qualifications: qualify as a social worker and gain a master’s degree from Middlesex University.
- Join one of the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers.
Please view one of our case studies
It is vital that the mental health workforce represents the people it supports. We encourage applications from people from Black, Asian and ethnically diverse communities, disabled people, and those who identify as being part of the LGBTIQ+ community. We also encourage men to apply, who are underrepresented on the workforce.
What we are looking for
You don’t need any prior experience of social work, but you will need to demonstrate that you have the seven attributes necessary to excel on the Think Ahead programme and beyond: leadership, motivation, adaptability, relationship-building, communication, problem-solving, and self-awareness.
Think Ahead is a highly selective programme. While you need no prior experience of social work to apply, our criteria states that you must:
- Show a passion for improving the lives of people with mental illness
- Demonstrate key attributes including resilience, empathy, and communication skills
Hold or be predicted to achieve at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a subject other than social work
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- UK wide · Lancashire – Blackpool (and surrounding areas); Suffolk - Ipswich; Cornwall – Bodmin (and surrounding areas); Lincolnshire – Lincoln (and surrounding areas)
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 March 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 March 2022