Times are tough for us all right now, especially for those of us living with mental health problems. But you could choose a career that changes lives.
With the right support, from the right person, anyone with a mental health problem can thrive.
You could be that person - giving that support. Support for the things that matter most to us all: housing, family, employment, relationships, and community.
Get paid to train as a mental health social worker, earn a master’s degree, and empower people to thrive. Do something that matters - apply to Think Ahead today..
- Train on the job, working alongside clinical professionals in NHS Mental Health Trusts and Local Authorities.
- Gain two qualifications: qualify as a social worker and earn a master’s degree from Middlesex University.
- Join one of the Times Top 100 Graduate Employers.
- When someone is experiencing mental health problems, they need support in all aspects of their life. The things that matter most to us all: housing, family, relationships, employment and community. Mental health social workers play a crucial role in navigating all of this and empowering people to thrive.
What we are looking for
You don’t need any prior experience of social work, but you will need to demonstrate that you have the seven attributes necessary to excel on the Think Ahead programme and beyond: leadership, motivation, adaptability, relationship-building, communication, problem-solving, and self-awareness.
Think Ahead is a highly selective programme. While you need no prior experience of social work to apply, our criteria states that you must:
- Show a passion for improving the lives of people with mental illness
- Demonstrate key attributes including resilience, empathy, and communication skills
- Hold or be predicted to achieve at least a 2:1 degree or equivalent in a subject other than social work
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- West Midlands
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 26 March 2023
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 26 March 2023