We are looking for enthusiastic and proactive university students with a passion for mental health to promote the opportunities we offer, as well as mental health social work more widely, across their university. If you are an active member of student communities and are comfortable working independently, you could be ideal for this role. If you are also keen to raise awareness of mental health, and are a confident communicator and networker, we would love to hear from you.
This is a paid opportunity and a fantastic fit for students who are interested in a career in mental health, charities, marketing, communications, events, PR or related roles.
Benefits of the role
- Earn the living wage of £9.50 per hour (£10.85 with London weighting).
- Work flexible hours – on average two hours a week for eight weeks of the spring term, which you can work around your studies and other commitments to suit you, due to the independent nature of this work.
- Develop various transferable skills, including communication, independent working, marketing, networking, planning, and organising.
- Gain experience in promoting a growing organisation.
- Play a key role in Think Ahead’s work to better support people with mental health problems.
What it involves
- Contracted from January – March 2021.
- Working independently to promote the Think Ahead brand across your university using creative marketing techniques.
- Utilising your own networks within the university community to promote our opportunities.
- Acting as a professional point of contact for interested students and spreading our message with confidence.
- Networking with a range of stakeholders on campus (academic departments, societies, voluntary organisations) to raise the profile of Think Ahead.
- Supporting us at careers fairs, presentations and other recruitment events (all currently being held remotely).
What we are looking for
- Eligible to work in the UK from January – March 2021.
- Available for an interview between December and January.
- Motivation – you will be passionate about Think Ahead, and show clear drive to want to promote the programme and raise awareness of mental health and the role of social workers.
- Leadership – you will need to work independently and be driven to lead on new ideas, running events and managing your time effectively.
- Relationship-building – it is vital that you can quickly build relationships with new and existing stakeholders such as societies, careers advisors and academics.
- Adaptability – ideas may not always go according to plan so you need to be able to deal with last-minute changes and the possibility that things may not work out successfully every time.
- Communication – you will be forthcoming in talking to new people with an ability to influence and persuade others. You should be a confident communicator, speaking positively about Think Ahead and remaining on message with the rest of the organisation.
A full-time undergraduate student at a UK university in the 2020/21 academic year.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North East England
- North West England
- South East England
- South West England
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and the Humber · We expect this role to be remote in the 2020/21 academic year.
- £9.50 per hour
(£10.85 with London weighting)
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Please email the Recruitment Team if you have any questions.
We are recruiting on a rolling basis.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 14 December 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 14 December 2020