We are building a proprietary, cloud-based fintech distribution platform, using cutting edge cloud-based services that are open-source and agile, supporting our growth through building, partnering and white-labelling our products and services, centered around the customer trip to ensure we deliver the best experience for holidaymakers. Our dedicated futures division has an eye on the rapid evolution of new trends and technologies across finance, travel, consumer, insurance and regulation, operating an internal accelerator/incubator at Thomas Cook Money to futureproof our business.
We’re a team of 40 enthusiastic, can-do people who come to the table with solutions, creativity and a passionate approach to creating a truly customer-focused financial services business.
Thomas Cook Money – made for happy holidays.
Why join us?
You will participate in a comprehensive and exciting two-year graduate scheme focusing on maximising the performance of Thomas Cook Money. The scheme consists of rotations across a variety of departments to give you the best overview of a fintech start up within a large travel organisation, including the opportunity to gain experience in the following areas; strategy and planning, commercial, futures programmes and product design. During the programme you’ll develop a tool kit of lean startup methodologies such as design thinking, rapid prototyping, agile delivery, and an in-depth understanding of our customers and products to help take better care of our customers at Thomas Cook Money.
Thomas Cook Money is a fintech startup with a difference. Part of the Thomas Cook Group of companies, we unite a long heritage of financial services at Thomas Cook, and the brand and marketing power of 20 million customers, with a bold new vision to help customers have more and better holidays through a suite of digital products, tailored around the holiday experience.
Our strategy follows four key areas of focus – save, spend, borrow, protect - looking after holiday money for 52 weeks of the year, not just the two weeks customers are away. By using lean start up methodologies, in just nine months, we’ve launched a mobile banking app called Sumo, designed specifically for holidays, Lyk, our mobile-led prepaid card, and Roam, the pay-as-you-go travel insurance app that we built in house.
- Natural problem solver and logical thinker, with demonstrable analytical skills
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent communication skills and the ability to contribute positively to a team environment
- Disciplined and organised, motivated by results and the ability to challenge
- Confident decision maker, self-motivated with the drive to succeed and have a clear vision
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 300+ UCAS points from three A-levels, excluding general studies
- GCSE grade B or above in maths and English
- Graduating soon or have recently graduated and have a keen interest in applying this knowledge within a financial services related role. We are degree agnostic, but you will need to understand customers, numbers and have an ideas-led mindset
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
- Application window: 20 December 2017 – 28 February 2018
- Online assessment – December 2017 – March 2018
- Sonru video interview – December 2017 – March 2018
- Assessment centre – end of March 2018
- Offers made – end of March 2018
If you’re looking to start a fantastic career with a leading international travel company and you’ve got what it takes to be part of our success, apply today, via the Apply button.
Closing date: 01/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018