The Business Graduate Programme provides a flow of entry level talent into areas such as product management, customer proposition, strategy and business development, and supporting our strategic customer accounts throughout our business. It targets recent graduates from across the globe for an 18-month programme which provides analyst level job rotations, on the job coaching from carefully chosen managers and the Early Careers team, self-managed career development, job based training, leadership skill development and an opportunity to gain visibility to many different areas of the business in roles that are global in scope.
The programme consists of two nine-month rotations within your chosen career path and a robust eight week business challenge. This highly tailored approach allows you to build a career that is tailored to your interests. No matter what you choose, you will have the opportunity to learn in an environment that celebrates performance and views diversity of ideas, backgrounds and cultures as a valuable business asset. The scope and scale of the business will enable you to take your career in an amazing array of directions limited only by your own initiative, talents and goals in a career without boundaries.
As part of a wider global early careers community you will network and work with individuals across multiple time zones and geographies. A strong alumni network, mentoring programmes, ongoing feedback, and structured development sessions will enable you to collaborate in your learning and broaden your perspective.
Your graduate experience
- Induction - on joining, all graduates come together for an intensive training workshop designed to provide an overview of the company, a good understanding of our customers and products, core skills like excel and financial markets training, opportunities to get hands on experience with our products, strategic networking, and insights from senior leaders.
- First rotation (nine months) - first rotation will be chosen for you based on the interview process, but will be within product management, strategy, business development, strategic customer solutions and proposition management across various areas of our business. Roles that are either customer facing or provide meaningful insights into Thomson Reuters customers will be prioritized.
- Business project - graduates work on a real-life business project supported by senior leaders in the business. This usually takes place over the first eight weeks of the second rotation, and will account for 30% of graduates work time.
- Second rotation (nine months) – the second rotation on the programme allows the graduate to continue their career path in their area of choice, building on the skills learned in their first assignment. This assignment is more closely aligned to where they would see themselves finding a full time role.
Successful candidates will join the programme in September 2018.
Our programme celebrates diversity of thought, backgrounds, and of work experiences. Although we are primarily a programme for recent graduates, we welcome applications from individuals who have already started their first job and are looking to make a change and move into the one of various sectors that Thomson Reuters serve. Individuals with masters degrees but minimal work experience are also an ideal fit for our programme. In addition to this background, we look for highly adaptable individuals who thrive on feedback. A natural self-starter who optimizes the opportunities presented, flexes easily, and sees the power of a global enterprise as an asset also tends to thrive in our programme.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Degrees in business-related subjects, business administration, economics is a plus
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Keen interest and previous work experience in financial services, tax and accounting, legal or media sectors
- Demonstrated interested in personal and career development
- Creativity, curiosity to learn, interest in innovation, and strong interpersonal skills with a desire to work with different cultures
- Experience travelling and living abroad
- Unfortunately we’re not in a position to provide visa sponsorship for this programme. You must have the right to work in the UK without restriction.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
You should apply directly via the apply button.
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a cover letter – in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in a career at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Graduate Programme
You can attach your cover letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience’ when you register
Applications close midday on closing date (UK Time).
Recruitment process and timelines
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and candidate profile screen (from October – December)
- Situational strengths test based on what we define as strengths for our graduates (from November – December)
- Video interview (from November – December)
- Assessment centre (from January – February)
Closing date: 03/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017