Our Finance Graduate Programme is designed to bring enthusiastic, intelligent and innovative graduates, in the early stages of their careers, into the Finance and Accounting team. We aim to help you develop into a senior Finance leader with the skills to make a real difference to the future success of Thomson Reuters.
The three year programme provides graduates with experience in key areas of management accountancy across the whole Thomson Reuters organization. It is designed to give the appropriate grounding in core accountancy principles, as well as support to study a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA), allowing you to pursue a career in the Finance organisation across a wide range of disciplines.
As part of a wider global graduate community, you will network and work with individuals across multiple geographies and you will have the opportunity to learn in an environment that views diversity of ideas, backgrounds and cultures as a valuable business asset. A strong alumni network, mentoring programmes, ongoing feedback, and structured development sessions will enable you to collaborate in your learning and broaden your perspective.
Your graduate experience
- On joining, graduates from all programmes come together for an intensive training workshop designed to provide an overview of Thomson Reuters, a good understanding of our customers and products, core skills like excel and financial markets training, opportunities to get hands on experience with our products, strategic networking, and insights from senior leaders;
- You will complete three one year-long placements in a variety of roles across the London Finance hub to gain hands-on experience of different business units and finance disciplines. Roles could include financial planning and analysis, controllership, business partnering in a division like Reuters News, and many more;
- You will learn to prepare, analyse and interpret financial statements, budgets and related finance reports to provide insight and inform and influence management decision-making;
- You will become proficient using finance and admin systems and reporting tools;
- You will study for a professional accountancy qualification (CIMA), receiving financial support and paid study leave
- You will be coached and developed by the Early Careers team and Graduate Programme Manager throughout the programme, through structured development and on-the-job training, and be accountable for the use of your own time and managing your personal development and career profile;
- You will be awarded a three-year fixed-term contract, with the expectation that this will be converted to a permanent contract by the end of the programme.
Successful candidates will join the programme in September 2018.
- A clear and confident communicator
- Analytical and enjoy problem-solving
- Naturally collaborative and partnership oriented; commercially focused but enjoy working with internal customers
- Desire to work with different cultures and sees the power of a global enterprise as an asset
- Highly adaptable, proactively seeking out feedback and taking the initiative to improve.
- Unfortunately we’re not in a position to provide visa sponsorship for this programme. You must have the right to work in the UK without restriction.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Bachelor’s degree – open to discipline
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
You should apply directly via the Apply button.
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a cover letter – in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in a career at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Graduate Programme
You can attach your cover letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience’ when you register
Applications close midday on closing date (UK Time).
Recruitment process and timelines
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and candidate profile screen (from October – December)
- Situational strengths test based on what we define as strengths for our graduates (from November – December)
- Video interview (from November – December)
- Assessment centre (from January – February)
Closing date: 03/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017