The Sales Graduate Programme is based within our financial and risk organization where we provide information and expertise to support the world's most complex financial services firms in dealing with their top business challenges.
Over 440,000 professionals in 150 countries do business with us every day. Through our market-leading Thomson Reuters Eikon, Elektron and Risk Management solutions, we help our clients to advance their business and gain competitive advantage.
Our global go-to market sales organisation plays a significant role in delivering over $6bn of revenue to our business. Our Sales teams represent the voice of our customers, help to drive product development and assist businesses in overcoming their challenges. This results in higher customer retention rates and new sales opportunities for Thomson Reuters.
Our 17-month Sales Graduate Programme offers a unique insight into the financial world and will provide you with a solid foundation in the Sales Organisation here at Thomson Reuters.
The rotational nature of the programme allows you to gain a true breadth of experience across our Account Management, Sales Specialist and Lead Generation teams.
You'll have unrestricted access to experienced Sales professionals (Product Specialists, Sales Specialists, and Account Managers) as well as our clients whose skills and knowledge will aide your personal learning and development.
What to expect?
The programme is structured into a one-month intensive induction followed by four four-month rotations across our sales organisation.
Through a combination of on-the-job experience and classroom training you will:
- Grow your knowledge of the financial markets and international politics (including the opportunity to obtain the industry recognized CFA Foundation)
- Learn about Thomson Reuters' flagship financial and risk products and solutions
- Gain a unique insight into our financial and risk clients - understanding their workflows, how they use our solutions and identifying how Thomson Reuters can add value
You'll have the opportunity to make an immediate impact and have responsibility for supporting a range of clients across your rotations. You'll generate meetings and new business opportunities as well as running demonstrations, presentations and product training sessions for our clients.
We also place a strong expectation on proactively building and developing relationships. You'll make connections both internally and externally - your personal network will prove vital to growing your skills and progressing your career at Thomson Reuters.
Our global early careers community
In addition to meaningful work and exposure to industry recognized products and teams, we will provide you a well rounded experience to help you successfully launch your Sales career with Thomson Reuters. You will be a part of a broader early career community, and this includes:
- Being exposed to great opportunities to develop real life skills and earning valuable industry experience through any of our hosted events, having numerous opportunities to meet like minded people and sharing your passion with them
- Exploring our business through business challenges, innovation sessions, and engagements with business leaders. This will help you drive solutions that are meaningful to our customers!
- Participating in corporate responsibility and inclusion initiatives like Urban Synergy and the Prince's Trust. We give you the opportunity to give back and engage with our communities.
- Being mentored to improve on-the-job and leadership skills by our Sales Graduate alumni
What comes after the programme?
The programme is designed to equip you with the necessary skills to secure a full time position within one of our sales specialist teams. These teams are responsible for managing a portfolio of clients and they act as trusted advisors to our customers.
Successful candidates will join the programme in September 2018.
We're seeking early careers talent from any degree discipline/background who have a keen interest in the financial markets and current affairs.
Our programme celebrates diversity of thought, backgrounds, and of work experiences. Although we're primarily a programme for recent graduates, we welcome applications from individuals who have already started their first job and are looking to make a change.
To be successful, you will:
- be passionate and self-motivated - you'll be driven by working towards targets and enjoy the reward of achieving your goals
- be naturally curious - you'll be inquisitive and persistent in your desire to learn and find answers
- have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- thrive on developing great relationships
- be a strong team player and enjoy working in a number of different teams whilst equally able to proactively work off your own initiative
Any previous sales or customer service related work experience is beneficial but not essential
- Unfortunately we’re not in a position to provide visa sponsorship for this programme. You must have the right to work in the UK without restriction.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
You should apply directly via the Apply button.
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a cover letter – in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in a career at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Graduate Programme
You can attach your cover letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience’ when you register
Applications close midday on closing date (UK Time).
Recruitment process and timelines
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and candidate profile screen (from October – December)
- Situational strengths test based on what we define as strengths for our graduates (from November – December)
- Video interview (from November – December)
- Assessment centre (from January – February)
Closing date: 03/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017