Imagine. You'll be at the centre of a respected international enterprise, working on projects, products and solutions that are making a true difference to businesses and professionals across the globe. Our 10-week Summer Internships give you the opportunity to experience professional life and apply the skills you've learned at school, college or university.
You will be able to offer innovative thinking to solve problems; attend and contribute to meetings and team activities; work with senior leaders; and help drive specific projects. You'll also receive robust training - all of which will give you invaluable experience for life after graduation.
Your Internship experience
Our Sales Summer Internship is a 10-week development programme during which you will be based in one of our London offices. Joining one of our market-leading Sales Organizations, you'll gain exposure to diverse portfolios of clients including top financial institutions, law firms, corporations and governments.
Responsibilities during the Sales Summer Internship can include:
- Supporting sales teams in driving campaigns to increase client engagement
- Working with multiple stakeholders across different teams
- Performing client and market analysis
- Investigating untapped opportunities to grow our client base and product sales
- Helping our customers to gain maximum value from our products and services
In addition to meaningful work and exposure to industry-recognized products and teams, we provide a well-rounded experience to ensure that you get the most out of your Internship. You will:
- Undergo a robust onboarding experience
- Receive ongoing support, feedback and coaching from your Line Manager, Internship Programme Manager and your Assigned Mentor
- Be part of the London Summer intern community who benefit from:
- Weekly learning and development sessions
- Unique access to senior leaders from across our business
- Social events and internship competition
- Participating in corporate responsibility and iclusion initiatives including a group volunteering day with a local charity
We are interested in receiving applications from students in their penultimate year of study who have a strong interest in progressing onto one of our Graduate Programmes which start in September 2019.
We are also accepting applications from candidates who have already graduated and have some work experience.
You must be available to join us for the full 10 weeks of the Summer Internship Programme – from Monday 25 June 2018 to Friday 31 August 2018.
To be successful, you will:
- Possess a strong interest in Thomson Reuters and the markets we operate in (financial and risk, tax and accounting and legal)
- Be detail-oriented with an aptitude for research and data analysis
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Thrive on networking with a variety of people
- Be dynamic and innovative in your thinking and willing to learn fast
- Have outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Be professional and proactive in your approach to work
- Must be dynamic and innovative in their thinking and willing to learn fast
- Have a keen interest in feedback and development with the ability to quickly put it into action
In addition, the following will be beneficial:
- Previous internship or work experience
- Experience living and working abroad or demonstration of strong cultural awareness
Applications for our Summer Internships are open to:
- UK/ EEA and Swiss Nationals
- Non-EEA Nationals who are currently studying in the UK with a Tier 4 Student Visa valid for the duration of the internship
Post-Internship Assessment for Graduate Programmes in London
High-Performing Interns will have the opportunity to apply for our Business, Sales or Finance Graduate Programmes (starting in September 2019).
Please note that unfortunately we are not able to provide visa sponsorship for our Graduate Programmes.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
You should apply directly via the apply button.
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a cover letter – in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in an internship at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Internship Programme
You can attach your cover letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience’ when you register
Applications close midday on closing date (UK Time).
Recruitment process and timelines
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and candidate profile screen (from October – December)
- Situational strengths test based on what we define as strengths for our interns (from November – December)
- Video interview (from November – December)
- Assessment centre (from January – February)
Closing date: 03/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017