The Thomson Reuters Technology Graduate Programme offers an exciting opportunity for upcoming and recent graduates to join our world-class technology organisation. Based in our Nottingham office, you will immediately become part of dynamic and high-performing teams of outstanding technologists – delivering a variety of products designed to meet the needs of a wide range of financial professionals. You will gain a unique insight into our business, deliver real change, develop leading project management skills and gain exposure to cutting edge technologies.
Technology roles while on the programme
The Technology Change Delivery team is responsible for managing the investment portfolio of projects that we deliver to build new tools and technologies to support the products our customers buy. The Product teams design the products to meet the needs of their customers and then those business requirements are translated into a set of Technology requirements to build the product. This can be across any of the technologies and platforms the Technology function delivers.
Our Technology projects range from small enhancements of existing products through to multi-million dollar projects coordinating tens or hundreds of developers and quality assurance (testing) resources around the globe. They can last a few months or be several years depending on the size, scale and complexity of the deliverables required. Throughout this process, you will get to experience multiple projects and working with a broad range of interesting and exciting technologies.
As part of the Change Delivery team you will
- Handle projects from start to finish with specific ownership for activities around sizing, scheduling of resources, detailed planning, progress tracking and reporting, risk and issue management, dependency monitoring, stakeholder management and ensuring the project is delivered on time, on budget and to the initial specification
- Gain an understanding of project management lifecycles, processes and methodologies, learning both on the job and from experienced Project Managers
- Work with the product owners who design market leading products for a wide range of financial services clients and the development teams who build the technology solution
- Be involved in the project teams from design to implementation, helping you to understand their thinking and actions and help coordinate and lead the successful delivery of the product
Whilst leading these workstreams or projects you will develop key skills in all aspects of project management as well as working towards industry certification in Project Management. As you develop your career within the organization, you could progress into an experienced project manager role and have the opportunity to lead key strategic projects and programmes across Thomson Reuters.
Your graduate experience
In addition to meaningful work and exposure to running industry leading Technology projects, we will provide you with a well-rounded experience to help you successfully launch your career with Thomson Reuters. You will be a part of a broader early career community, and this includes:
- Developing excellent organisational and business planning skills to enable you to build a successful career in global project and programme management
- Through any of our hosted events, having numerous opportunities to meet like-minded people and sharing your passion with them
- Exploring our business through non-technology related business challenges, innovation sessions, and engagements with business leaders. This will help you drive solutions that are meaningful to our customers!
- Participating in corporate responsibility and inclusion initiatives like CoderDojo and the Prince’s Trust. We give you the opportunity to give back and engage with our communities
- Being mentored by members of our technology project management teams to improve on-the-job and leadership skills
Successful candidates will join the programme in September 2018.
- Knowledge or practical demonstration of an interest in technology and financial services and an appreciation of Project Management
- An analytical mind and a highly methodical approach to your work.
- A confident communicator, who can collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
- Drive and determination to see task through to completion
- Good organization skills and a structured approach to delivering on tasks
- A proactive and self-motivated approach to work and responsibility, an open-mind and willingness to use your initiative and creativity to solve problems, innovate and suggest new ways of working
- A real passion for business, technology and learnin
Qualifications and experience requirements
A BSc or MSc in computing, business, maths or science related fields.
Accepted degree subjects
mathematics · business and management studies · computer sciences and IT
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
You should apply directly on our careers site via the Apply button. Applications close at midday on the closing date. (UK time)
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a cover letter - in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in a career at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Graduate Programme
You can attach your cover letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience' when you register.
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and candidate profile screen (from October - December)
- Situational strengths test based on what we define as strengths for our graduates (from November - December)
- Video interview (from November - December)
- Assessment centre (from January - February)
Closing date: 03/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017