The Thomson Reuters Technology Graduate Programme offers an exciting opportunity for upcoming and recent graduates to join our world-class technology organization. Based in our Nottingham office, you will immediately become part of dynamic and high-performing teams of outstanding technologists – delivering a variety of products designed to meet the needs of a wide range of financial professionals. You will gain a unique insight into our business, deliver real change and gain exposure to cutting edge technologies.
Technology roles while on the programme
You will begin working in one of our Quality Assurance (Testing) or Software Development teams and directly contribute to the implementation of strategic products. You’ll be involved in key areas of professional software delivery, including; decomposing requirements into designs, developing code and performing Quality Assurance practices.
We look for graduates who are passionate about big data, automated test engineering, performance testing, software engineering, low latency development, security, and continuous integration and process automation.
Upon acquiring graduate level skills, you will eventually move into other technology roles, allowing you to grow your career within Thomson Reuters.
Your graduate experience
In addition to meaningful work and exposure to industry recognised products and teams, we will provide you with a well-rounded experience to help you successfully launch your career with Thomson Reuters. You will be a part of a broader early career community, and this includes:
- Through any of our hosted events, having numerous opportunities to meet like-minded people and sharing your passion with them
- Exploring our business through non-technology related business challenges, innovation sessions, and engagements with business leaders. This will help you drive solutions that are meaningful to our customers!
- Participating in Corporate Responsibility & Inclusion initiatives like CoderDojo and the Prince’s Trust. We give you the opportunity to give back and engage with our communities
- Being mentored by members of our technology teams to improve on-the-job and leadership skills
Successful candidates will join the programme in September 2018.
- Evidence of knowledge or practical demonstration of an interest and hands on experience in technology developed through any of the following routes: degree topics, a placement year or internship(s), any interesting technology work you have been involved with through university, technology forums, user groups or blogs
- A proactive and self-motivated approach to work and responsibility, an open-mind and willingness to use your initiative and creativity to solve problems, innovate and suggest new ways of working
- Attention to detail, analytical, structured and organized, with good communication skills
- A real passion for technology and learning
Qualifications and experience requirements
A BSc or MSc in computer sciences, engineering, maths, information systems, or related fields (with exposure to programming preferred).
We are open to considering graduates without a BSc or BSc in computer science, engineering, maths, information systems, or related fields (e.g. languages) who are able to demonstrate a real passion for technology along with some technical abilities.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
You should apply directly on our careers site via the Apply button. Applications close at midday on the closing date. (UK time)
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a cover letter - in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in a career at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Graduate Programme
You can attach your cover letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience' when you register.
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and candidate profile screen (from October - December)
- Situational strengths test based on what we define as strengths for our graduates (from November - December)
- Video interview (from November - December)
- Assessment centre (from January - February)
Closing date: 03/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017