The Thomson Reuters Technology Industrial Placement provides an exciting opportunity to join our world-class technology organization for the academic year 2018/19. You'll get to experience professional life and apply the skills you've learned at school, college and university.
Based in our Nottingham office, you will immediately become part of dynamic and high-performing teams of outstanding technologists - delivering a variety of products designed to meet the needs of a wide range of financial professionals. You will gain a unique insight into our business, deliver real change and gain exposure to cutting edge technologies.
What you can expect
You will begin working in one of our Quality Assurance (QA) or Development teams in which our Nottingham technologists have tremendous expertise.
We look for undergraduates who are interested in big data, automated test engineering, performance testing, software engineering, low latency development, security, and continuous integration and process automation.
Your Placement experience
In addition to meaningful work and exposure to industry-recognized products and teams, we provide a well-rounded experience to ensure that you get the most out of your Placement. You will:
- Work with leading technologists in areas of software engineering and software testing.
- Be exposed to great opportunities to develop real life skills and earn valuable industry experience
- Have numerous opportunities to meet like-minded people and share your passion for technology with them
- Be mentored to improve on the job technical skills and leadership skills by a member of our technology teams
Post-Internship Assessment for Graduate Programmes
High-Performing Interns will have the opportunity to apply for our Technology Graduate Programme (starting in September 2020).
Start date: July 2018.
We are interested in receiving applications from second year students seeking a 12-month industrial placement as part of their degree course who have a strong interest in progressing onto one of our Graduate Programmes which start in September 2020.
- Currently studying computer sciences, engineering, maths, information systems, or related fields (with exposure to programming preferred).
- Evidence of knowledge or practical demonstration of an interest and hands on experience in technology through university, technology forums, user groups or blogs.
- A proactive and self motivated approach to work and responsibility, an open-mind and willingness to use your initiative and creativity to solve problems, innovate and suggest new ways of working
- Ability to work within a team centric environment and collaborate within and outside of the immediate team.
- Attention to detail, analytical, structured and organized, with good communication skills.
- A real passion for technology and learning.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Apply by midday on the closing date.
Please ensure that your CV is no more than two pages long and written in English.
All applications must be supported by a cover letter – in 500 words or less, please tell us:
- Why you are interested in an internship at Thomson Reuters
- What your motivations are for applying to your chosen Internship Programme
You can attach your cover letter under the CV section of ‘My Experience’ when you register
Recruitment process and timelines
You will be taken through a structured recruitment process which includes:
- Initial CV and Candidate Profile Screen (from October – December)
- Situational Strengths Test based on what we define as strengths for our Interns (from November – December)
- Video Interview (from November – December)
- Assessment Centre (from January – February)
Closing date: 03/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 03/12/2017