We’re looking for an enthusiastic graduate who has recently completed a relevant degree and wants to kick start a career in data analysis.
Are you passionate about using technical skills to help improve the health of UK residents? Could you analyse and interpret health related data and transform this into an innovative report that is easy to understand for a varied audience? We’re looking for a numbers minded graduate that will work at the heart of the organisation to provide analytical support to our local health services.
We have recently been awarded various healthy lifestyle services, in addition to our existing public health contracts. This means we have an exciting vacancy for a highly motivated Graduate Data and Insight Analyst to support our growing organisation.
This is a fantastic opportunity to learn the analytical and operational side of the public health sector through data analysis support and regular reporting.
Tell me more
You will be an integral part of our central Thrive Tribe team, producing quality assured data to monitor performance against targets, as well as producing and presenting various reports, for both internal and external public health professionals.
Like all roles at Thrive Tribe, you can expect your time at work to be fun, varied and challenging. We don’t like to stick to a firm JD as we know from experience that things change throughout the lifetime of a role. However, so you know what to expect, here are the initial main duties for this role:
- Help maintain the ethos and success of Thrive Tribe by managing relationships with your team, stakeholders and clients in line with the organisation’s culture and values
- Use Microsoft Excel and bespoke internal systems to gather data and analyse and interpret data sets
- To develop and maintain effective working relations with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders
- Support our teams with relevant data analysis tasks
- Analyse contract performance and communicate key insights with team leads
- Create powerful data visualisations and compile Department of Health submissions
- Produce high quality, accurate reporting content for local authority commissioners and directly liaise with commissioners around data analysis and reporting
- Ensure service reports are delivered on time and to an excellent standard
- Process large volumes of data and support with decision making across of all our services
- Provide technical database support for our Somerset contract
- To identify underlying problems by analysing information and communicate effective solutions
- Work with the Lead Data & Insight Analyst to set and monitor a reporting schedule
- Help to develop and shape our data analysis processes
- Ensure data input aligns with data protection and information governance protocols
What we are looking for
As the role will necessitate the wearing of many hats, liaising with different teams across the organisation, you must be highly organised and able to work independently, with the confidence to share ideas and seek feedback. You should be a good communicator and should be a fast learner to grasp our database systems and provide day-to-day maintenance and support.
Most importantly, as a Graduate Data and Insight Analyst, you will have the drive and self-motivation to extract meaningful healthy lifestyles insights from an array of sources to provide our teams with a complete picture of their ongoing performance.
More than anything, we are looking for a team player with a ‘can do’ attitude who puts their heart into their work and communicates superbly with colleagues and stakeholders. You’ll also need to relate strongly to our values, as they run through everything we do, and have an interest in health and wellbeing.
Of course, we are also looking for some technical experience for this role, as follows:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Highly numerical and analytical
- Digitally savvy
- Precise and detail orientated, enabling you to problem solve
- Familiarity and experience with Microsoft Office Word and Outlook, as well as proficiency with Microsoft Excel and experience working with large scale quantitative data analysis
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate to a wide range of audiences using various mediums
- Ability to build professional relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- Hard working with the right attitude to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Sound knowledge and understanding of evaluation and assessment of outcomes, ideally relating to public health or a similar field
- Self-motivated to work independently, but equally capable of collaborating effectively as part of a wider team
- A positive, enthusiastic and pro-active approach to work that aligns with the values of Thrive Tribe
Ideally a degree, internship or professional qualification in a numerate, technical or health related field.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
22-28 days of annual leave, pension scheme, life insurance, paid day of leave for physical activity, regular programme of team building/social events, online shopping discounts, tea/coffee on tap, childcare voucher scheme, bike to work scheme
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 27 May 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 27 May 2019