Starting: September 2017.
This is a fixed term 12-month job opportunity. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a key member of our team and learn a breadth of cutting edge technologies that will set your future career in good stead. The placement is within Time Inc UK’s product engineering department and during the programme graduates will spend time working with each of our various technology teams covering development and infrastructure in a collaborative DevOps approach. Solving problems at scale will keep you challenged while the friendly team based environment will ensure you are supported in every step.
Your exact role can be tailored to your skill strengths and your desired career direction.
- Developing technical solutions for our key products
- Writing tests, improving test coverage
- Working with AWS infrastructure
- Problem solving
What you will learn/gain?
- Confidence and knowledge from our existing team of world class engineers
- Experience taking a product idea from initiation through to release on production systems
- Dealing with real world development issues such as scaling for high demand
- Friendship and business contacts that will help your future career
- 12 months development experience in the UK’s leading media company with a view to a full-time job at the end of it
Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world reaching more than 130 million people each month across multiple platforms.
Time Inc. UK is Britain’s leading publisher of print and digital magazine content. With more than 60 iconic brands - including Decanter, Country Life, Horse & Hound, NME, What's On TV and Wallpaper* - Time Inc. UK (formerly IPC Media) creates content for multiple platforms, across print, online, mobile, tablets and experiences. Our brands are tailored to the interests of a variety of audiences and operate in a number of different sectors. Our mainstream women's brands include famous women's titles including Now, Chat, Woman and Goodtoknow; TV entertainment brands including What's on TV, TV Times and TV & Satellite Week. Our specialist portfolio, has a wealth of leisure brands including Country Life, Horse & Hound, Rugby World and Decanter, as well as lifestyle brands including Mousebreaker and NME. We also publish a number of women's fashion and luxury brands including Marie Claire, InStyle and Wallpaper* lifestyle titles including woman & home and Essentials and home interest brands including Ideal Home, Livingetc and housetohome. Supporting our portfolio is our advertising team - that works in partnership with clients and agencies to create bespoke advertising solutions across all of our brands and across a variety of platforms - and Marketforce, the UK's leading newstrade sales and distribution company.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Computer science degree or equivalent
- Passionate about technology
- Self-motivated, able and willing to learn new technologies
- Strong communication skills
The ideal candidate’s experience
- Knowledge of open source technology
- Knowledge of cloud computing
- Knowledge of web frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel, RoR, Wordpress or Drupal
- Knowledge or experience of Agile development environment.
- Knowledge of debugging
Accepted degree subjects
mathematics · computer sciences and IT
Pension, 27 days holiday, discounted gym membership
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Closing date: 31/05/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/04/2017