Discovery is at the heart of everything we do. Wherever you find us around the world, if you can think of a product, you can probably find it in our stores, which include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense, and TK Maxx. With variety comes plenty of happy surprises—our environment is ever-changing, and that’s just how we like it. Every day is an opportunity to discover something new about our business, our partnerships and even something exciting about yourself. Ready to Discover Different?
Are you a upcoming or recent IT, engineering, analytics or computer science graduate ready to use a broad range of technology to make an impact our retail business and the bottom line?
Then you’re ready to Discover Different. As an Engineer in our Early in Career IT Graduate Programme, you’ll get hands on training and build a thorough understanding of how technology is the key to driving results across every area of our global retail environment.
Global IT at TJX is offering full-time Engineer opportunities in our Technology teams in our European Campus in Watford for those seeking to learn, grow and contribute in a fast-paced, dynamic global organization. Working in an exciting, collaborative, team-based environment, you will join a cohort of Engineers globally to expand your own IT capabilities —providing you the tools during an 9-week immersive learning program to kick-start your new career as an Engineer in a global Fortune 100 retail technology environment.
As an Engineer, you will receive targeted coaching and guidance with multiple learning experiences including hands-on application, digital learning and group projects, while given a high degree of autonomy.
Multiple opportunities are available across a variety of disciplines including:
- Software Development
- Database Administration
- Test Automation
- Data Engineering
- Web Development
Responsibilities may include
- Collaborate with experienced technology specialists globally in an Agile environment
- Learn about TJX’s business and technologies
- Build innovative technology solutions that make our platforms even better
- Design, code and test solutions
- Review and evolve current processes
- Work autonomously and collaborate in groups to tackle challenges, advance projects, and complete assignments
What you'll discover
- Brand new state of the art campus which encourages collaborative working, flexibility and creativity
- Inclusive culture and career growth opportunities
- Challenging, collaborative, and team-based environment
- Opportunities to drive a variety of interesting work
- Supported learning and development
- Competitive salary
- 25 days basic holiday plus bank holidays
- Access to an onsite gym and discounted gyms/classes throughout the UK
- Associate discount
- Pension scheme
- Season ticket support
Come and Discover Different at TJX. From opportunity and teamwork to growth, we think you’ll find that it’s so much more than a job. When you’re a part of our global TJX family, you have the full support of a diverse, close-knit group of people dedicated to finding the greatest deals and fantastic style. Best of all? They have a lot of fun doing it.
We care about our culture, but we also prioritise the important things like competitive salaries, solid benefits and plenty of room to grow in your role. It’s our way of empowering you to make your career here. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnerships, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and/or sexual orientation.
What we are looking for
- Self-starters who possess the ability to learn and grow in a fast-paced, professional environment.
- Problem solvers who can think creatively
- Can work autonomously but also can collaborate as part of a team
- Curious and eager learners with leadership abilities and strong work ethic
- Those who can think in “Agile Mindset”—flexible, change adept, willingness to learn
- Active interest in computer systems, the internet, networking and technology
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in technical/ STEM area (recently –or soon to be—completed)
- Computer science, engineering, data analytics, or related degree or equivalent experience
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 24 October 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment